Let's talk home printing - Page 4
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Printing Images

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2016   #31
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Let's talk home printing

As I stated previously, I've never had a clogged printhead or even a need to do a maintenance cleaning and I go months at a time not printing. I don't know if I got a rare bird printer or if it's the same with all Canon Pixma Pro 9500s. But I'll take it.
Wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016   #32
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 19
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
How about 3rd party inks?
What I've seen is that most of the el cheapo inks don't have very accurate or durable color. But there are a few out there that do. For my Epson (pigment ink) I don't think you can ever go wrong with Cone Color inks from InkjetMall. For my Canon (dye ink) Precision Color has worked well.

Comment on ink drying in the head.... my Epson has to be used at least once every 3 weeks or else a light head cleaning has to be done to open up all the nozzles. The Canon has gone a couple of months with no problems at all.
fast edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016   #33
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 2900
Editing OK?: Yes

I might try the Cone Color inks,thanks for your information!

Sent from my HTC331ZLVW using Tapatalk

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Printing Images »

Share this topic: