colors out of gamut
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Printing Images

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2015   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 105
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default colors out of gamut

I'm assembling a gift piece for a relative. One element will be an old red truck. The day was open sun and the red was a little overwhelming. The samples are desaturated a little to reduce the huge out of gammut area in the original. I want to retain the brightness because the truck is very bright red.

I'm a newb to the gammut warning thing but, trying to do my best to softproof this with the print shops profile.

Having never goofed with the gammut stuff, how badly will this affect the print?

Downsized sRGB proof profile crop without warning:

Same image with gamut warning turned on:

thx

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Printing Images »

Share this topic: