Preparing images for print (in a shop)
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Printing Images

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2015   #1
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 820906
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Preparing images for print (in a shop)

As the title says, what are the steps/process you take to prepare a photo to be printed at a shop (on or offline). Assuming you have calibrated your monitor, and printing on a normal media (not canvas or metal, for example).

aam1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015   #2
Llama

CamelKarma: 8577
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Preparing images for print (in a shop)

I don't print a lot but have had several photos printed by MPIX in the last couple of months. After completing any post processing the only thing I do - so far - is to save a copy of the photo re-sized to the size I will be having the photos printed at. I have used CS5 for my re-sizing and am getting decent results.

Mithras is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Printing Images »

Share this topic: