Epson 7880: Help Requested
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Printing Images

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2015   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 1499814
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Epson 7880: Help Requested

I have an issue that I cannot seem to figure out and was hoping I could get some feedback here from any Epson experts.

I need to change the maintenance tank as I have 9% left until the printer stops. I was going to try the DIY route and simply change out the absorbent material in the tank. I have done this but as you know I now need to reset the counter to zero.

The problem is that I cannot access the setup menu while the warning message on the screen telling me the tank is almost full is present. I have tried the restart while holding down the three arrow keys but it will never display the setup menu to allow me to reset the counters.

Any suggestions? Nothing in the manual provides information on this.

Thanks in advance

Montec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015   #2
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Epson 7880: Help Requested

I thought the Epson 7880 and others needed to actually have the chip reset with a tool, that can be found all over the internet? Assume you can't form the menu because Epson no want people to do this without buying stuff form them...?

Like this (not my sale, just using as example):
Chip Reset resetter for Epson Pro 9450 4000 4450 4880 7800 9800 7880 9880 10600 | eBay

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015   #3
Guanaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles View Post
I thought the Epson 7880 and others needed to actually have the chip reset with a tool, that can be found all over the internet? Assume you can't form the menu because Epson no want people to do this without buying stuff form them...?

Like this (not my sale, just using as example):
Chip Reset resetter for Epson Pro 9450 4000 4450 4880 7800 9800 7880 9880 10600 | eBay
You may be correct. There is a way to reset counters but maybe not on the 7880.
Old 06-07-2015   #4
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 26

I have the Epson 9900 and unless you are doing a huge amount of power cleanings, I can't imagine wasting that much ink into the maintenance tanks. Seems like a lot of frustrating effort to go your route than Just switch out the tanks. The tanks are a lot cheaper than the ink. Just my opinion.

Last edited by AmbientLightStudi; 06-07-2015 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: Misspelling
AmbientLightStudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015   #5
Guanaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbientLightStudi View Post
I have the Epson 9900 and unless you are doing a huge amount of power cleanings, I can't imagine wasting that much ink into the maintenance tanks. Seems like a lot of frustrating effort to go your route than Just switch out the tanks. The tanks are a lot cheaper than the ink. Just my opinion.
Tank cost $50. About twice a year for me. This saves me $100 a year to do it myself. I am not a professional that sells images. Just a home hobbyist, $1000 over ten years means something to me.

Thanks for your suggestion.
Old 03-02-2017   #6
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

You need the QE388-Resetter for large-format Epson printer. I use it on my 4880, I believe it will work on the 7880.
QE388-Resetter for large-format Epson printer-pps

Archival-Photos.com
briansullivan is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Printing Images »

Share this topic: