coco
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1009
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default coco

Bujin

Old 06-02-2009   #2
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 6244
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: coco

Most of the face is blown and the eyes are looking a bit funny. I guess that's due to sharpening.
I like almost all the expressions you catch. Just practise a bit on lighting and pp.
JenniH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #3
Llama

CamelKarma: 71617

Bujin.....
I have looked at all of your posts and I must say, you have a different style of post processing...If your goal is heavy saturation/contrast you surely have that effect...Everyone has their style of shooting and it really doesn't matter what we all think, as long as your happy with your results...And your subjects are happy with the results...But for me, I have to agree with JenniH, I see over post processing in most of your shots...Heavy saturation causes graininess and somewhat unnatural colors...If your looking for advise, I would back off on the saturation and contrast and over sharpening...I think the ladies in your photo's would look much better with a softer look...Just an observation on my part....
Old 06-02-2009   #4
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1009

Well Mr. John (back from the beach??), thanks for your visit and the comment.
First I make my pictures for my clients printed in 40x60 size and this one was very content with this picture.
Secondly, I dont agree with your advice, tell me honestly where is that grain you talk about and what about unnatural colors When I used the normal colours, I just gor overlightning and a bad skin.
Nevertheless thanks,
Bujin

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits »

Share this topic: