new toy
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 14623
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default new toy

Well since this is my normal 'haunt' when I am around, I thought I would post this here. I am gearing up to actually send out my information to all the local schools (uh yeah... thats right! School photography... lots of work not much $$ but as I want to really get my name out there, I know this will help.) So the image below was taken in that 'fashion' (yeah no hair light blah) but I thought I would share what I was getting before with my old lens in comparison to my new toy.

Did this apples to apples, i.e. same focal length, shutter, aperture, ISO and lighting. The shots are both SOOC, only cropped and resized for the web. No sharpening added even after resize. I hope it will show on here what I see IRL.

Dacoda Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009   #2
Dromedary

Default Re: new toy

here are a couple of more from the toy... The red box on the 2nd image indicates where the focal point was.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shay from L 2.jpg (65.6 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg Shay from L.jpg (77.2 KB, 72 views)

Old 02-21-2009   #3
Dromedary

well that is odd they appear to be dark and under exposed when uploaded but the originals do not.

Old 02-21-2009   #4
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 2656581
Editing OK?: Yes

Stacey they all look good on my monitor. I hope you have success with your venture into school photography. Cheers, Bill P.
gaopa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009   #5
Camel Breath

Location: Mental State: Just west of chaos and south of disaster.
CamelKarma: 45181
Editing OK?: Yes

Stacey, I think you would be happy with the responses you get to the lens if you reposted over in the Canon Forum. Lots of experienced people over there. I am still learning about sharpness and images and really don't know how to direct you.

www.kellylylephotography.com
www.centralillinoisweddings.com

"Opportunity knocks in vain if you don't reach out and open the door." K.C. Lyle
KellyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009   #6
Llama

CamelKarma: 18316

the only advice i can give you about 28-135 IS lens - turn the IS off when you are working in studio or shooting with a tripod. otherwise your results will be unpredictable

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits »

Share this topic: