Commercial Group Shot
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2019   #1
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 965208
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Commercial Group Shot

Still shoot on occasion, and this shoot is of a salon and spa that now occupies my former studio office, computer room and my high key camera room. I still have my other large camera room.

We had everything planned so that all 11 ladies would be at the salon at the same time and they could all set aside five minutes and step out the front door for a group portrait. Unfortunately one of the gals couldn't make it so we captured her the next day and photoshopped her in.

Benji

File Type: jpg IMG_1055_9RET.jpg (189.3 KB, 143 views)
In the end, people appreciate frankness more than flattery. Prov 28:23
Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019   #2
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 1004893
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: Commercial Group Shot

Looks like a happy group to have as neighbors. Good job at capturing everyone.

Olympus OMD EM-1, EPL1, standard kit lens, 17mm 1.8, 60mm macro, 75-300mm II, 45mm 1.8, Rokinon 7.5mm Fish Eye, lens cap lens, ec-14, Fl-36 flash, adapter, misc accessories.
mike C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 542743
Editing OK?: Yes

Same ol' Ben. Perfect work. You still got it my friend.

War Eagle
k9ofkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019   #4
Llama

CamelKarma: 6146683
Editing OK?: Yes

Everybody in the group looks good, good posing, good expression.
Mike67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019   #5
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Editing OK?: Ask First

When it opened I thought this couldn't be Benji because that left side was too bright and the image overall too wide, since it didn't show much of the environment.

But the rework with the added lady that I didn't see until I scrolled down is a very much better image and I would think each and everyone of them would like it (unless they don't like their own picture regardless of how great it might be).

Well done image and looks like a great group of people to try and fix the hair on my head. Too bad the studio downsized, but the times are changing and not just in this field. New neighbors and hope they are great ones. Thanks for sharing.

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019   #6
Photocamel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9ofkaos View Post
Same ol' Ben. Perfect work. You still got it my friend.

Thanks Mojo. Long time no hear from, of course I have not been here for a long time.

I am currently working with a young lady that wants to go further than putting the camera on Program and firing off 50 or 100 shots so she can see if there is a good one. She also hates not being able to shoot from November 1 to June 1 because of the weather so she called me and wants to learn how to do studio photography from me. We had our first shoot last week and she is supposed to return this coming Friday. I hope she doesn't get discouraged and quit.

So how is the rest of your family?

Benji
Old 03-26-2019   #7
Photocamel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles View Post
When it opened I thought this couldn't be Benji because that left side was too bright and the image overall too wide, since it didn't show much of the environment.

But the rework with the added lady that I didn't see until I scrolled down is a very much better image and I would think each and everyone of them would like it (unless they don't like their own picture regardless of how great it might be).

Well done image and looks like a great group of people to try and fix the hair on my head. Too bad the studio downsized, but the times are changing and not just in this field. New neighbors and hope they are great ones. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, the first image was straight out of the camera so all I did to it was correct the white balance.

Benji
Old 05-17-2019   #8
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 136021

Ben, It is so good to see you back. I still can't look a a portrait without wondering, "What would Ben think?"
Assorted old film gear.
And my trusty 45 year old Weston light meter.
Critiques and comments always welcome.
oldugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019   #9
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469544

Long time no see! I thought that you and oldugly had left the camel completely.

Can't tell if you shifted your camera's POV slightly for the second view or which way you might have shifted it, but it does look better than the first one. Looks like you also warmed the color balance a bit more too. In particular, you have made some improvements in the middle ground sign and have brough the gold and dark gray-green sign in the background far left from behind the the trees.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019   #10
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 329470

I noticed the first image is quite blurry, but the second one is quite sharp. What baffles me is that there's a shift in perspective between the two images and yet the ladies' smiles remain the same. What am I missing? By the way, the first girl on the left, she's a potent knock-out.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits »

Share this topic: