A Consoling Candid Portrait
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2018   #1
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 5330088
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default A Consoling Candid Portrait

I've just arrived home from a few days stayover with Sandra at Hastings by the sea.
It's a 5 hour train journey, and a 2 hour wait in Melbourne for the connection, time to reflect upon
another sad story of having left home with an empty card slot. I had been shooting blanks of seabirds
for an hour or so before noticing the "No Card!" alert, "Oh no, I gone done it agin', Bullwinkle!" I wept tears of blood!
I did have an 8GB backup card in my wallet, but all those award winning photos (fifty at least) had been lost! Well I had
to tell myself that the lighting wasn't that hot anyway, and as I'll be house sitting for Sandra over Christmas through New Years,
I will at least have a second chance to redeem myself! Sandy will be in Tasmania for my 83rd, so she kindly treated me to a leisurely
lunch at Mornington - well at least I came home with a more than consoling portrait of her as she washed down the Thai Steak and vegetables!

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill
pandora is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Default Re: A Consoling Candid Portrait

Well, the one on the right is the better of the 2 to me. Not sure about the glass in the other one.

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018   #3
Llama

CamelKarma: 36120

Isn't there a setting in the camera setup, that will not allow you to take a shot without a memeory card in the camera?

Nikon D800, D5500 IR 590nm, D50
nu2scene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018   #4
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 5330088

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles View Post
Well, the one on the right is the better of the 2 to me. Not sure about the glass in the other one.
The one on the left was a candid shot taken at a decisive moment with my phone. One does not like to drag out a serious looking dslr and turn a nice dinner into a professional photo shoot!
The one on the right was taken with the OMD M5 Mkii + the Zuiko 40-150mm F2.8 Pro, it is a casual portrait shot under what we photographers downunder refer to as the "white sky of death".
Quote:
Originally Posted by nu2scene View Post
Isn't there a setting in the camera setup, that will not allow you to take a shot without a memeory card in the camera?
Thanks Rob. Unfortunately, the M5 Mkii has no such setting. As I had a spare card I would have not lost the shots if it had.

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill
pandora is online now   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits »

Share this topic: