Olympus four third's camera - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #11
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Olympus four third's camera

Olympus Viewer 3 is still the one they offer, and it does a really good job of making the RAW/ORF files look just like the JPGs would. You can of course tweak the RAW/ORF's more in it, but it is fairly slow overall. Not a Lightroom versus Oly Viewer 3 versus Luminar versus other argument. Find what works for you and use it. Overall, I think the best convertor/editor is 4 programs, meaning none do everything the best. But what do I know.

Olympus 40-150 f/2.8 is GREAT. So is the Olympus 12-40 f/2.8 that you have coming. Those 2 can do anything in the right light for them. For prime portrait shooting, the 45mm f/1.2 (or to a lesser extent the 45mm f/1. or the 75mm f/1.8 are GREAT too. It is a fine system with a lot of options in lens coverage and ranges.

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #12
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 5122782
Editing OK?: Ask First

I have listed the Olympus 12-40 f/2.8 Pro as 'owned', although not quite true.
My daughter has it so we share lenses when we're out on a shoot.
My focus is rarely on wide angle subjects so the 40-150 lives on my M5 Mkii, more or less full time.

This morning on my patio over 'brekkie' al fresco, with a mouthful of sourdough bread, butter and Vegemite, I snapped the red bottle brush in my backyard!

Image OOC/uncropped * AE mode, 1/250, F4, ISO 400, 210.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 420.6 mm),
pandora is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #13
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 2656263
Editing OK?: Yes

Nice photos, Linda!

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits »

Share this topic: