Senior shots first go.
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2018   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 326807
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Senior shots first go.

So I was hired to do some senior photos of a co-workers daughter. here are some of the shots I did.

IMG_5027.jpg

IMG_5018.jpg

IMG_5032.jpg

IMG_5016.jpg

IMG_5015.jpg

IMG_5036.jpg

Justsomeguy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018   #2
Llama

CamelKarma: 36120
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Senior shots first go.

Overall the images look nice.

I like the first one, and I like the B&W treatment as well. The second image could have been nice, but either the focus was misplaced or there was some camera movement. The blur is too much. In images 3 and 6, for me the flash is too harsh and contrasty. Some people like that however.

For me, 4 and 5 are the winners in this bunch.

Nikon D800, D5500 IR 590nm, D50
nu2scene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018   #3
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 258904
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Senior shots first go.

To be honest, few of these look sharp to me. On number 5, her face is soft. The part in focus is the tree trunk to the left of center and her right leg and foot in front of it. You can fix some lighting issues and composition if you shoot loose enough but there's nothing you can do to fix missed focus. The best one by far is #4, although on that one, the composition is a little off. #1 is a nice shot.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits »

Share this topic:

Tags
first time, graduation, happy times, senior photos