New Headshots - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2018   #11
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 2900
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: New Headshots

Great head shots, thanks for sharing!
Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018   #12
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 965208
Editing OK?: No

The lighting is great for publication and the color balance is wonderful.

I looked at your website. Out of the 12 headshots 11 are where the subject is posed flat to the camera (football shoulders) which is seldom flattering. Headshots need every trick in the book to make them look great because all that shows is the head and shoulders. A 45 degree turn of the shoulders, making one hip higher (the subject MUST be seated), some head tilt and body leaning will add a lot to a headshot.

Benji
In the end, people appreciate frankness more than flattery. Prov 28:23
Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018   #13
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 258904
Editing OK?: Ask First

Looks great. I knew immediately you were a Head Shot Crew member. I'm a big fan of Peter's and I love the style, head cropping and all. Where are you located? I ask because where I am, the landscape headshot still has not caught on for business people anyway. I always do a few for all my head shot clients in addition to the traditional portrait orientation and 9 out of 10 ties, they want the old school shots.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits »

Share this topic: