Two More...
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits (Advanced Critique)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2017   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 250061
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Two More...

Key light into umbrella, two background lights, reflector, and I used my speed light as a hair light. Any advice is greatly appreciated, I can't see the things you can. Thank you!

This is the same setup but no hair light. She is a librarian and I imagined a work shot maybe for their webpage. Debated removing the shadow on the floor. Not sure if the book is distracting, it was my idea.

Old 05-15-2017   #2
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: Two More...

On the first image, you should try getting the umbrella closer to the model. On the second image, the light is better
Old 05-20-2017   #3
Llama

CamelKarma: 14080
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Two More...

On the first photo the lighting on the little girl is pleasing (although, it does seem to have a bit of a yellowish tinge to it) but I find the blinding white background for both photos just too much.

Helpful suggestions on how to improve my photographic skills always appreciated.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/miatasrus
PhotogWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Portraits (Advanced Critique) »

Share this topic: