Photographic pet peeves / pet hate
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2006   #1
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 820906
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Photographic pet peeves / pet hate

Mine is not being able to make the photos level, they almost always tilt to the right, unless I have the time to check things.

Another is focus points, almost all the time the center point is not the right one. And it's a headache to keep changing them, to the point that I'm back to focus & recompose sometimes :-[

But the grand daddy of them all is...not taking photos enough

So what's your pet peeves / pet hate.

aam1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006   #2
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 16
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Photographic pet peeves / pet hate

Mine is how lazy technology has made us lol. Think back to the days when the only thing available was all manual controls and not having instant gratification from an LCD :P.
eClix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006   #3
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by eClix
not having instant gratification from an LCD :P.
Funny enough, I've noticed that I don't like seeing my photos soon after taking them. I prefer to see them a day/half a day later. Sort of starting with a clean canvas, so to speak.
Old 05-19-2006   #4
Former Camel

CamelKarma: 33

Quote:
Mine is not being able to make the photos level, they almost always tilt to the right, unless I have the time to check things.
In some cameras you can solve that by selecting a grid pattern in the viewfinder.
Quote:
[...]But the grand daddy of them all is...not taking photos enough
Quite. The most FANTASTIC camera is just so much worthless junk if it is sitting in your closet at home... Carry a cam! Always!
Rokcet Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006   #5
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcet Scientist
The most FANTASTIC camera is just so much worthless junk if it is sitting in your closet at home
So true.
Old 05-19-2006   #6
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 428

Without a doubt, mine is my eyes since I turned 40. Combine that with a period when my BP was astronomically high (damage to my retinas) and I have to work really hard to focus an image. My vision is also variable, probably also related to blood pressure. Sometimes I use glasses, other times naked eye, it depends on which one I can best compensate for with the diopter.

It's no joke kids, when you hit 40, your eyes are gonna change. My vision was always better than average, I always protected my eyes in the sun... I was a strong 1000 yard shooting competitor. Now, I can't read this monitor... at all... without glasses. Enjoy your good eyes, make the most of them.

Chip
Old 05-19-2006   #7
Camel Breath

Have two good news for you Chip.

1- I heard that it's normal for the eye sight to go south at 40.

2- The better news is, you should be thankful that you hit glasses at 40. I started wearing glasses as a kid (around 11 or 12). Let me tell you, glasses are no fun at that age, and I mean no fun at all.
Old 05-19-2006   #8
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1495882

"DEAD BATTERIES", just when you needed energy the most, you start to compose and the battery icon starts flashing. URG!
Old 05-19-2006   #9
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1495882

Quote:
Originally Posted by B
Without a doubt, mine is my eyes since I turned 40. Combine that with a period when my BP was astronomically high (damage to my retinas) and I have to work really hard to focus an image. My vision is also variable, probably also related to blood pressure. Sometimes I use glasses, other times naked eye, it depends on which one I can best compensate for with the diopter.

It's no joke kids, when you hit 40, your eyes are gonna change. My vision was always better than average, I always protected my eyes in the sun... I was a strong 1000 yard shooting competitor. Now, I can't read this monitor... at all... without glasses. Enjoy your good eyes, make the most of them.
Chip
Not a problem....I ONLY wear glasses when I want to SEE.
Old 05-19-2006   #10
Alter_ego

CamelKarma:

I can relate to your problem Chip. Over the last 3 years my eyes have been getting worse. I can still use the viewfinder, but can't see the small lcd on top of my 20D without putting on my glasses. Its a real pain in the **s*. Its only when I put my glasses on that I realise how much detail I actually miss when viewing pics on my monitor. and as for previewing pics on the camera lcd....

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk »

Share this topic: