People Viewing but not commenting on Posted Photos - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2005   #11
Llama

CamelKarma: 40
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: People Viewing but not commenting on Posted Photos

Hehe, a new person just registered with the name "SensorDust."

Now that's funny.

Sorry to go off topic.
Alice Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005   #12
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1443426
Editing OK?: No

This happens in many forums, some people feel intimidated to comment because there work is not as good, or they feel there work is better and do not know what to say. Then there are the new photographers who are very excited to get there first shot say of a Bluebird as an example, maybe technically not as good but hey its there first shot and wanted to share it, we all have done this at some point. Many sites have 100 views to one comment so this site is doing very well. Macro is a hard area for comments in many sites but this one is doing well also. The biggest thing is everyone keep posting the comments will come. Just because there are no comments does not mean its a bad photo, I personally will comment but not critque it unlessed asked. Lets keep this place growing by posting more and more, it will all take form
RobAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005   #13
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 2079

To add to what the others have said.

Some people will not comment if it is a Admin or moderators photos for fear that the admin or moderator will get upset and ban them or have an issue with any future posts. On this forum, I know that is not the case as we have a bunch of great moderators and a great admin who listens.
Old 08-05-2005   #14
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 27

I usually add a simple I like it or I don't like it if noone has commented and the image interests me / bugs me. If I don't like it, I'll say why and suggest other methods. I just wish people would at least do the same for me in most threads. It's the only way you can improve.

Also, it seems people will critique you more / comment more if you're a bit more on the active side. People start to see your name and they'll look for it more often. Just based on the level of comfort in the forum as well.
BigB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005   #15
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 61279

Quote:
Originally Posted by photosbymorgan2
To add to what the others have said.

Some people will not comment if it is a Admin or moderators photos for fear that the admin or moderator will get upset and ban them or have an issue with any future posts. On this forum, I know that is not the case as we have a bunch of great moderators and a great admin who listens.
That will never happen here, as you say.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk »

Share this topic: