PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum

PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum (https://photocamel.com/forum/)
-   Photography Talk (https://photocamel.com/forum/photography-talk/)
-   -   Photographic clothing (https://photocamel.com/forum/photography-talk/6173-photographic-clothing.html)

HalfPress 03-21-2006 09:52 PM

Photographic clothing

Here is a topic I have never seen covered anywhere: photographic clothing.

Do you have any clothing that you consider "part of your photographic gear"? My hiking boots are something that I never go photographing without, and then I have a vest that has many pockets for carrying flash cards and the lilke. Am I alone in having clothing I designate as "for photography"?

ellette 03-21-2006 09:56 PM

Re: Photographic clothing

I doubt you are alone. I would like to have a vest actually, and a nice pair of hiking boots would be fabulous.

I barely have enough clothes for normal wear though, so I can't go for anything that is specifically for photography.

Sara

HalfPress 03-21-2006 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellette
I barely have enough clothes for normal wear though, so I can't go for anything that is specifically for photography.*

I can't either. I just make my photography clothing double as "normal wear."

Got to have your priorities straight!

ellette 03-21-2006 10:05 PM

Ooh, well in that case...I have a couple pairs of photography jeans, some photography flip-flops, and a nice photography skirt. ;D

Sara

ohenry 03-21-2006 10:06 PM

My photo vest would be the only thing that I consider photography clothing.

mikej 03-22-2006 12:41 AM

I have a hat that has my Sit'n Pretty Photography name on it. Does that count?

;D

Welcome to the forum, Half Press.

Mike

Shortie 03-22-2006 02:14 AM

Welcome

And no specific clothing

Max@Home 03-22-2006 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalfPress
Here is a topic I have never seen covered anywhere: photographic clothing.

Do you have any clothing that you consider "part of your photographic gear"? My hiking boots are something that I never go photographing without, and then I have a vest that has many pockets for carrying flash cards and the lilke. Am I alone in having clothing I designate as "for photography"?

HalfPress,

I do not consider it 'part of my photography gear', but when I go out shooting, I tend to favour trousers with large cargo-pockets on the sides (called 'workers-jeans' in the Netherlands ;-))

Easier to stow lenscaps, CPfilter(-holder), 580ex, omnibounce, etc for a short period.

But for the rest I wear 'normal clothes and shoes/boots' just fitted for the event.
(no sandals or slippers in the woods, no boots on the beach-in summer, etc ;-))

Kindest regards,

Max@Home

Jose 03-22-2006 04:49 AM

I gather a photo clothing outfit which is really my travel outfit plus a photo vest and hat. My camera bag with gear weights about 28 lbs and the clothes bag about 15 lbs, enough for about 2 weeks. I throw the clothes away as I go (old clothing) so when I return, I have space for some sourvenirs.

Mark McCall 03-22-2006 07:38 AM

Don't know if it counts or not,....
I wear a suit for larger jobs, docker slacks and pressed shirt and tie for smaller jobs.

It's amazing at how your clothing can change how your perceived.