EXIF Data
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2008   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 10818
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default EXIF Data

How do I enable others to see this info for my pics I post. I can read the data(most) from other peole's pics, that host with photobucket,(where I host my pics) but I tried viewing my pics and nothing shows up? Do the pics have to be the original, no post production or what??

Suggestions please.

Thanks,

Scott

Last edited by motox424; 08-08-2008 at 04:09 PM.. Reason: mis-spelling
motox424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #2
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 690429
Default Re: EXIF Data

Hi motox424.

Check the images you uploaded: did they contain any EXIF info?

If you use f.e. Save-For-Web in PhotoShop applications to prepare/resize your images for the web, your original EXIF will be detroyed/emptied/deleted, to make the image as small as possible, file-size-wise, so that it loads fast(er) in people's browser.

I copy back the original EXIF data to web-posted shots, just to avoid the problem you are describing

Also, it could be that your photo-host doesn't give that information, or, also possible, that you have to 'allow others to see the EXIF' in your user-profile on your photo-host, it works that last way on PBase, where *my* photo's are hosted

...hope this helps some, *my* 0.02 worth,

Kindest regards!

Max@Home

Canon PowerShot G1X MkII, Canon PowerShot G3X, some accessories (hoods, flashes, filters, tripod) and some knowledge to use them
Max@Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #3
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 829
Editing OK?: Ask First
Cool Re: EXIF Data

This is not the same as the original question but closely related....Many time I see photos that are of interest and for learning purposes would like read the EXIF. How can I do this? Am I missing something?
cappy1927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #4
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 538838

Save the image to your desktop and check the summary section of the properties. It has all the recorded info. Only thing is, if someone does some cutting and pasting of the image to another, the info doesnt transfer.
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #5
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 690429

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappy1927 View Post
This is not the same as the original question but closely related....Many time I see photos that are of interest and for learning purposes would like read the EXIF. How can I do this? Am I missing something?
Yes an EXIF viewer like the Opanda IExif Viewer free downloadable, after installation you hover over a photo (even on the Internet), click right mouse button, and one of the new options is: Show Exif

Kindest regards!

Max@Home

Canon PowerShot G1X MkII, Canon PowerShot G3X, some accessories (hoods, flashes, filters, tripod) and some knowledge to use them
Max@Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #6
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 829
Editing OK?: Ask First

Thanks for your help....It worked out just fine.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk »

Share this topic: