Viveza from Nik
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 2602482
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Viveza from Nik

Anyone using Viveza ??
and how you like it
I have download the 15 days trial and I'm thinking to buy it
Any ideas or suggestions ??

Old 05-21-2008   #2
Llama

CamelKarma: 2356
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Viveza from Nik

I like it and don't like it. For simpler operations such as object / color saturation, hue, contrast, etc. changes it's almost simpler to do it in photoshop manually creating your own selection mask.

For more complex situations, I do not like the way you enlarge the "circle of influence." By simply enlarging or shrinking the circle, things are selected you do not want to be. They should have engineered some sort of drawing tool so you could manually draw the selected areas.

Is it worth an outrageous $250? In my opinion, no. It's way overpriced for what it does.

I would recommend this, tho: while testing it, as opposed to making the changes directly in viveza, utilize the method where instead you create a selection mask then give control back to photoshop and manually brush your changes there. Hope that helped.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk »

Share this topic: