I cant find out how to take it off write protect the camera doesnt do anything
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2006   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 11
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default I cant find out how to take it off write protect the camera doesnt do anything

wont take pics wont delete pics because they are like locked so nobody can erase them and when i go to take a pic it says write protect on the sceen if if push the button to take a pic nothing happens

Old 01-12-2006   #2
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: I cant find out how to take it off write protect the camera doesnt do anythi

You might want to describe what camera you're using.
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #3
senses working overtime

Default Re: I cant find out how to take it off write protect the camera doesnt do anythi

I see that you've posted a similar question earlier for the Toshiba PDR-3300. Have you gone into the menu and checked the 'Protect' setting? I've just done a quick google on this camera and it as the following to say about removing file protection:

Playback Mode: This mode lets you review captured images on the memory card, as well as erase them, write-protect them, or set them up for printing on a DPOF device. Menu options in this mode include:

* Multi: Shows an index display of all images on the SD memory card, six images at a time. Also switches back to Single display mode.
* Protect: Write-protects the currently-displayed image, preventing it from being erased or manipulated (except via card formatting). This option can also remove protection.

Old 01-13-2006   #4
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 11
Default Re: I cant find out how to take it off write protect the camera doesnt do anything

The camera is a 3310 i have been in the menu when i get to the key symbol which is write protect its like it is froze when i try change it there is nothing i can do to make it different.
wabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #5
senses working overtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabit
The camera is a 3310 i have been in the menu when i get to the key symbol which is write protect its like it is froze when i try change it there is nothing i can do to make it different.
Sorry, the 3300 in my reply is a typo. The link and details I posted are for the 3310. You can download the instruction manual in PDF format from here. If the procedure to unprotect the image isn't working then I guess it could be a fault with the camera.
Old 01-13-2006   #6
Former Camel

CamelKarma: 33
Default Re: I cant find out how to take it off write protect the camera doesnt do anything

Have you ruled out the memory card, wabit? It could be 'locked' for some odd reason. Try if you have the same problem with another memory card. If the camera works with the other memory card, your first card is the problem. If your camera doesn't work with the other memory card either, it's not the card that is the problem, but the camera.
Rokcet Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #7
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

Agree with Rokcet Scientist wabit. Make sure that the slider on the side of your SD card is fully forward, at the end where the contacts are. See page 25 pf the manual linked above

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk »

Share this topic: