A Photography Primer - Page 4
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2008   #31
Former Camel

CamelKarma: 460
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: A Photography Primer

Hmmmm.... you also need:

* Why NOT to shoot raw
* Life can exist without Lightroom
* More stuff too.......your project is really great. But your information base is way too narrow.

Regards.....Respects.......and GREAT shoulders..... Bob
heartseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #32
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1099193

Quote:
More stuff too.......your project is really great. But your information base is way too narrow.
If you're going to say that, you might as well offer a few more suggestions rather than simple, somewhat sarcastic oppositions to certain categories of information provided by Kelly. I don't know, like maybe...

Commercial Photography
Fine Art Photography
Photojournalism
The New Topographics, Walker Evans, Cindy Sherman, students of the Bechers, Gregory Crewdson...
Programs for furthering one's photographic education
other careers in Photography...
Old 04-26-2008   #33
Former Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclohexane View Post
If you're going to say that, you might as well offer a few more suggestions rather than simple, somewhat sarcastic oppositions to certain categories of information provided by Kelly. I don't know, like maybe...

Commercial Photography
Fine Art Photography
Photojournalism
The New Topographics, Walker Evans, Cindy Sherman, students of the Bechers, Gregory Crewdson...
Programs for furthering one's photographic education
other careers in Photography...
Unlike you, Kelly knows what I mean. All you are suggesting is adding more headings.....NOT improving on the knowledge base within the headings. Many of the headings....maybe even most, had their origins in the world of film sensitometry. Much of that information cannot be 100% accurate when applied to digital applications, which is what many people know exclusively. It needs to made more clear if confusion down the line is to be avoided.....
No one on the forums has more respect for Kelly than I do.....you have no idea....and my remarks to him were in the context of that relationship.....Bob
Old 04-26-2008   #34
Camel Breath

Quote:
All you are suggesting is adding more headings.....NOT improving on the knowledge base within the headings.
I don't see that coming across too well in your first post. Reading it, I see:

Quote:
* Why NOT to shoot raw
* Life can exist without Lightroom
* More stuff too.......your project is really great. But your information base is way too narrow.
I'm getting the impression you want to see more information, but there's little to lead me to believe you want expanding on information within the categories. You might very well mean that, but if I'm not getting that the first time around, others (including Kelly) might not get that either.

Quote:
No one on the forums has more respect for Kelly than I do.....you have no idea....and my remarks to him were in the context of that relationship.....
I was under the impression that we were in a public forum, posting for everyone to see, not comments meant for a select few individuals "in the know". Please excuse me for intruding on your own private conversation in the Photography Talk forum, on a stickied thread.

We all have relationships with members outside of the forums, but we also have private messaging. I'm sure you know as well as I do that if we post a message to another one in any open forum, someone else will read it and respond to it.

EDIT: This last bit is rather ironic, as I just included it in public, but at the time I thought everyone should read it. Sorry everyone.

Quote:
Unlike you, Kelly knows what I mean
When did you start having to speak for Kelly?
Old 04-26-2008   #35
Former Camel

You're not a very peaceful fellow tonight.....Just leave it alone. I posted with good intentions, but there's always someone who twists and distorts things. Tonight, it is not me. Regards, Bob
Old 04-26-2008   #36
Camel Breath

Location: Mental State: Just west of chaos and south of disaster.
CamelKarma: 45181
Editing OK?: Yes

And a hearty welcome back to all! Michael, I was shocked to see that I, even I, KellyL, have surpassed you in posting...when I first joined you were on here a LOT more than me! School must be keeping you very busy.

Bob, dang you man, why must you insist on accurate exposure? You know it makes my mouse lonely. Interestingly enough, I was thinking about our conversations last night whilst reading an article by Yervant. He shoots in JPEG at medium resolution on his 1Ds Mark III. He said that you better nail your exposures to do so, but he shoots so many shots when he is on location with a bride that he doesn't want to shoot raw.

I was very honored that both of you commented in my thread. No kidding, it makes me feel kinda special.

Our photography class is merely 6 hours long, meets on three nights, and gives a basic introduction to the camera and is very biased towards the teacher...ahem...

You boys make my life interesting!

www.kellylylephotography.com
www.centralillinoisweddings.com

"Opportunity knocks in vain if you don't reach out and open the door." K.C. Lyle
KellyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #37
Former Camel

I think Kelly, judging from your avatar, that you have the "exposure" just right...., Bob
Old 04-26-2008   #38
Camel Breath

Quote:
You're not a very peaceful fellow tonight.....Just leave it alone. I
I noticed that, hence my added comment on irony. =)

Have a good one guys.

Quote:
I was shocked to see that I, even I, KellyL, have surpassed you in posting...
We need to count how many posts you and I have in the banning thread before we can accurately compare. =)
Old 04-26-2008   #39
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 21
Editing OK?: Ask First

I'm new in here been doing alot or reading and found this very helpful information, Thank you, KellyL.
wingnutt225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #40
Camel Breath

Location: Mental State: Just west of chaos and south of disaster.
CamelKarma: 45181
Editing OK?: Yes

Michael, believe it or not, I gave up on that banning thread!

Welcome Wingnutt. Glad things could be of use.

www.kellylylephotography.com
www.centralillinoisweddings.com

"Opportunity knocks in vain if you don't reach out and open the door." K.C. Lyle
KellyL is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk »

Share this topic: