Traveling on United Airlines.. What is the limit?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2005   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 59
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Traveling on United Airlines.. What is the limit?

Hi..

I just searched online and all through here for this topic as I thought it was once discussed here, but didn't see anything. I saw the one where I asked about tripod, but that isn't the topic I need info on. I also hope this is the right place to post this as I wasn't sure. So I apologize if this is a repeat or not the right spot.

I am travling stand by to Maui this Thursday am on United Airlines. I remember, not that long ago, that I came across a link to a site on the FAA in regards to that a person may carry on one bag, one personal bag, and then there camera bag. Does this hold true? Or is it still the old way, one carry on and your camera bag?

Any advice and info would be great and really appreciated. I can't seem to find much info on this. Thank you all..
Michele

Old 11-08-2005   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Default Re: Traveling on United Airlines.. What is the limit?

I just traveled on American, and the limit was (2) bags total. Women get to bring a purse too, but I don't know how big a purse can be. On one of the flights, they limited everybody to ONE bag, and made the gate announcement indicating so, due to a full flight. They told everybody that the second one would be "gate checked", or you could consolidate. I carried on two bags though, my Camera bag, and a laptop bag. Camera bag is a Tamrac Pro8, whcih holds one body and 4 lenses, and a flash unit, so it isn't huge. Laptop bag was the thin kind.

Basically,I don't think the "rule" is three bags. I think (2) is the norm, unless the flight is really booked. I'd think a tripod would be okay to bring onboard, but they'd count it as a bag.

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005   #3
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 59
Default Re: Traveling on United Airlines.. What is the limit?

Thank you for your info....

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk »

Share this topic: