posting images in photocamel
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2005   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default posting images in photocamel

Hi! I am a new photocamel member. My question is how do you post an image in photocamel. I can do it easily at the FM forums but I don't know how to do it here at photocamel. Thanks for your help.
Effie

Old 07-23-2005   #2
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 32
Default Re: posting images in photocamel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecidi
Hi! I am a new photocamel member. My question is how do you post an image in photocamel. I can do it easily at the FM forums but I don't know how to do it here at photocamel. Thanks for your help.
Effie
I believe the preferred approach is for you to put your images on a server somewhere and then you can embed the URL for that picture into a posting here by putting special codes around the URL or highlighting the URL and then clicking the 2nd button on the 2nd row called Insert Image which will add the tags for you (and once you've seen how this works then you can do it by hand in the future if you prefer).

So I have a staging server where I post images like this one:
http://www.funxional.com/olympus/bee1.jpg

and then when I add the special tags around it, it gets embedded in my post like this:

If you don't have access to a place to host your photos I think there are some free places but I don't know of any offhand (maybe someone else does?)
Old 07-23-2005   #3
Llama

CamelKarma: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartcons
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecidi
Hi!* I am a new photocamel member.* My question is how do you post an image in photocamel.* I can do it easily at the FM forums but I don't know how to do it here at photocamel.* Thanks for* your help.
Effie
I believe the preferred approach is for you to put your images on a server somewhere and then you can embed the URL for that picture into a posting here by putting special codes around the URL or highlighting the URL and then clicking the 2nd button on the 2nd row called Insert Image which will add the tags for you (and once you've seen how this works then you can do it by hand in the future if you prefer).

So I have a staging server where I post images like this one:
http://www.funxional.com/olympus/bee1.jpg

and then when I add the special tags around it, it gets embedded in my post like this:

If you don't have access to a place to host your photos I think there are some free places but I don't know of any offhand (maybe someone else does?)
Nice pic.
Alice Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005   #4
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Morrison
Nice pic.
Thanks. Every once in a while you get off a shot like this that makes it all seem worthwhile. Of course we don't tend to show the dozens (if not hundreds) of shots that didn't make the cut for every one that does.
Old 07-25-2005   #5
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 19

www.photobucket.com is free

www.pbase.com is fairly cheap at $24/yr for 200mb (that's what I use)
and www.smugmug.com is another, but priced a bit higher... w/ unlt'd upload

Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk »

Share this topic: