How did you find Photo Camel? - Page 8
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011   #71
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Llama

CamelKarma: 14126
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: How did you find Photo Camel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianRocky View Post
I think it actually found me.
Oh ya... I know the feeling!

And I love the Canadian Rockies too, my friend. Been there like 8 times. One time I rode my motorcycle there, camped in Johnson's canyon two nights and rode on through to Kamloops.

Been all over that area, up to Jasper, over to Rogers Pass, and down to Radium countless times. It's my very favorite spot on earth.
ChicagoJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011   #72
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 249974

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoJohn View Post
Oh ya... I know the feeling!

And I love the Canadian Rockies too, my friend. Been there like 8 times. One time I rode my motorcycle there, camped in Johnson's canyon two nights and rode on through to Kamloops.

Been all over that area, up to Jasper, over to Rogers Pass, and down to Radium countless times. It's my very favorite spot on earth.
I am fortunate. I am working in my computer room and out the bay window are the Rockies. I do my very best to go up into the Parks once a year at least. My first visit there was 39 years ago. The area up around the Columbia Ice fields is truley Gods country. Here is a shot I took of Mt Athabasca from the top of the ridge across the highway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mt.Athabaska.jpg (50.2 KB, 12 views)

My Website

My blog
All my images are anadianRocky
CanadianRocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011   #73
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Llama

CamelKarma: 14126

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianRocky View Post
I am fortunate. I am working in my computer room and out the bay window are the Rockies. I do my very best to go up into the Parks once a year at least. My first visit there was 39 years ago. The area up around the Columbia Ice fields is truley Gods country. Here is a shot I took of Mt Athabasca from the top of the ridge across the highway.
Excellent shot. Have you ever explored Near Infrared? If I ever get out there again, I think I'll give it a try.

I agree with you that the best part is the Icefields Pkwy. Amazing formations. But I love Lake Louise too. I remember when they had the Hostelry at Lake Louise Inn where you could sleep six for like $30 per night. They tore that down years ago, of course.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk »

Share this topic: