A special wedding shoot.
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2018   #1
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 2930828
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default A special wedding shoot.

Hi everyone, it's been a while Since getting married I don't spend much time on the forums any more but I still do a fair amount of photography. Most people know me for blowing things up and high speed photography but I just thought this occasion was really worth sharing. I have the original message on my blog but basically in our local community a man with Alzheimers proposed to his wife in the night last week. He had forgotten that they were already married. She played along and said "yes" thinking he would forget about it. In the morning she was surprised when he brought up the subject again so she made plans for it to happen at the Hamilton lake and asked on a local site if someone wanted to be a celebrant for a fee. I immediately offered to photograph it for free [the celebrant also did his part for free]- it was such a special situation and I wanted to be a part of it.
Since photobucket decided to hold us all to ransom all I can post is a link to my gallery of photos.
Anyway I took several hundred photos, her face was changing expression so much I couldn't stop clicking.
[I haven't linked to my website before so I'll try one image.]

A reporter turned up and did a story on it
Since then at least 10 news agencies have contacted me and the story is about to go viral so let me know if you want me to post more pictures

Old 01-24-2018   #2
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 1004893
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: A special wedding shoot.

Very special. Thanks for sharing. She certainly was radiant.

Olympus OMD EM-1, EPL1, standard kit lens, 17mm 1.8, 60mm macro, 75-300mm II, 45mm 1.8, Rokinon 7.5mm Fish Eye, lens cap lens, ec-14, Fl-36 flash, adapter, misc accessories.
mike C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018   #3
Bactrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike C View Post
Very special. Thanks for sharing. She certainly was radiant.
Yeah, good expressions through the whole cremony!
Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018   #4
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 12372109

Looking at her expression in the 2nd shot, I would LOVE to see more of your photos. Please post!
Old 01-24-2018   #5
Bactrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Lily View Post
Looking at her expression in the 2nd shot, I would LOVE to see more of your photos. Please post!
Here is a link to a gallery on my website. But I'll also add a few of them here

When she whispered to him "Thats our photographer" I got the thumbs up.

And this is the video clip the news agencies are posting.

https://youtu.be/DbbaAtGzwP0

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk »

Share this topic: