Someday he might be known as the best Street photographer of all time
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2017   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 1543000
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Someday he might be known as the best Street photographer of all time

'Someday he might be known as the best Street photographer of all time'

I have seen quite a bit of John Free's work. I am not here to argue, but to somply state that in my eye he is the equivalent of Bresson...he is a remarkable photographer. Look up some of the vids and interviews. He is very open about how and whys. Still uses an old Nikon F3 too.

THATPMA - John Free

one vid where he shows some of his work and discusses it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhVi...ature=youtu.be

Old 07-26-2017   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Someday he might be known as the best Street photographer of all time

Yup, seen some stuff with him before and can agree that he is good and knows stuff. Not comparing or pedestaling him, or Bresson, because it is my opinion. I don't have to like Bresson because the world thinks he is good. Don't have to like Ansel either of that matter.

But I do appreciate where they have been, what they have done, what they have accomplished and how, and so forth. I think Free would be a wonderful person to meet, and just follow and talk shop with. I think he is more of a normal guy, with some ability to teach not just photography, but things.

While not 100% true probably, there is a lot of majority in what he says in this video, and some applies to me when it comes to desire and dedication....

Olympus Passion Magazine
Idiot Savant AND trouble-maker...

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk »

Share this topic: