Video.... a totally new venue for me!
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2017   #1
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 750031
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: No
Default Video.... a totally new venue for me!

I shoot with a Pentax K-50 and a K-30, both which offer video capability. I'm basically walking in the dark on my journey....learning about shooting video by bouncing off the walls as I go. I know.... I know.... there's tutorials on Youtube that tells all about it, but I'm one who tends to absorb more by the trial and error method.

Yesterday, I shot a short 20 second video, with moderate success. My questions for today is: When shooting in a breeze, how does one eliminate the accompanying noise? I was trying to narrate the scene and when I panned into the breeze, my voice narration was virtually obliterated. I'm just wondering.... do you suppose a small piece of cotton ball, slightly "shredded," and taped over the mic port would eliminate this problem? Maybe act like the "sock" you see over many of the microphones used by news broadcasters?

Thanks for any advice.

Dewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469207
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Video.... a totally new venue for me!

If your camera offers a way to connect an external microphone, complete with foam windscreen, would be your best bet for acoustical quality and flexibility. otherwise, your cotton ball windscreen is worth trying, but if you can find a small piece of open-cell foam, that would probably work better and look a bit more professional.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017   #3
Guanaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoundrel1728 View Post
If your camera offers a way to connect an external microphone, complete with foam windscreen, would be your best bet for acoustical quality and flexibility. otherwise, your cotton ball windscreen is worth trying, but if you can find a small piece of open-cell foam, that would probably work better and look a bit more professional.
Nope, no way to attach an external mike. Good idea about the open-cell foam. I just so happen to have some of it.

Thanks scoundrel.
Old 03-16-2017   #4
Llama

CamelKarma: 226472
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes

This:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=dead+kitte..._a&ia=products

If that doesnt do it, your recording audio during a hurricane and NOTHING will help!

Andrew

My albums at photocamel:
http://photocamel.com/gallery/u69945-shutterklick.html
ShutterKlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017   #5
Guanaco

Thanks, Andrew. I've got some faux bear fur that looks just like it. I think I can Jerry rig one!

Dewman is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk »

Share this topic: