Are you happy with digital? - Page 4
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2005   #31
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 112
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Are you happy with digital?

If your add the E-300 w/2 lens kit to your cart at Adorama or B&H, it is $769. Contact Arlington camera and I bet it is even less expensive there. There prices on Oly stuff tends to smoke Adorama and B&H with very low shipping and awesome customer service http://www.arlingtoncamera.com

Old 08-03-2005   #32
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 35
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Are you happy with digital?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum
[color=Brown]

Today I am looking to get a DSLR. If the E-300 came with the 14-54 I would have snapped it up.
The general consensus from reading many of the forums is that kits lenses are somewhat of a let down.
Having said that, someone posted here on PC that the 2 lens E-300 kit can be had for $700. I would like to know where?
I don't know about $700, but under $800 for sure. Adorama has it for for less than $800 if you add it to your shopping cart. Word is that Arlington in Texas has it for cheap, too, although you need to call them to order it. The kit lenses are far from a let down. They are better than the kit lenses that come on any of the competitors' offerings in the same price range, AND you get two of them. Sure the 14-54 and the 50-200 are better, but they are also bigger, heavier and MUCH more expensive. The 40-150 kit lens is probably one of the best kept secrets out there. Get one and I guarantee you that you will be very pleased. You simply can't beat the E-300 dual lens kit when it comes to bang for your buck. I highly recommend it.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk »

Share this topic: