What was your last photographic purchase? - Page 52
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013   #511
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 375005
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: What was your last photographic purchase?

I bought Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD and am very satisfied with it.
rnyholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #512
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Moss View Post
What's the last thing you purchased?

For me it was a leather Nikon camera strap.
hopefully my last purchase is many years in the future. my most recent purchase was a monopod.
Uncle Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #513
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 30

As of yesterday just recieved my Phottix Nikos shutter timer, and a six foot extension cable for my Ubertronix Strike Pro. Wanted the timer for long exposure using Hoya NDX400. Next will be a Nikon D300 body by the end of summer. Three monthes ago I bought a Tamron SP70-300 awesome piece of glass.
PooBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #514
Alpaca

Editing OK?: Ask first

Hopefully not my "last" purchase , the canon 580 ex ll. typically, I avoid flash like the plague, I work with natural light as much as possible. However I recently made the decision to " tiptoe" into the realm of lighting but with only the 430 ex, I felt limited.
Boy! Was I psyched when I used the 580 as a master, bounced off of a reflector for side lighting, and the 430 behind subject for hair light...I thought..."wow, that was fun" now what else can I do...
ShutterB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #515
Alpaca

Hopefully not my "last" The Canon580EX ll. I typically avoid flash like the plague preferring to use natural light-however, I recently decided to "tiptoe" into the realm of lighting. With only the 430 EX ll, I felt limited. Boy, was I psyched when I used the 580 as a master, bounced off a reflector for side light, and the 430 behind the subject for hair light. I thought " wow, that was fun". A whole new world just opened up to me. Now, what else can I do...
Old 06-18-2013   #516
Alpaca

Unhappy Re: What was your last photographic purchase?

Oops, just noticed the duplicate post. Sorry, can't figure out how to delete one
Old 06-20-2013   #517
Alpaca

bought a wireless camera tethering device, best photography gadget I ever bought WiFi Wireless Camera Tethering
rasta_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013   #518
Alpaca

Editing OK?: No

I just got the Canon Rebel t4i and the Canon Powershot SX 50 about a month ago prior to a trip to Yellowstone and Grand Tetons. My original Rebel bit the dust and I love the zoom on the SX50 for Yellowstone. I made great use of both and am very happy with the purchases. My income tax refund gave its life for those cameras!! No more purchases for quite a while. LOL
Saltygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013   #519
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 7045525
Editing OK?: Yes

Big changes coming in the camera support structure department.
Just ordered an RRS TVC-34L tripod with the BH-55LR ball head and a TA-3-QC center column. I plan to use the center column for studio work like small product shots.

Over the past couple weeks I also nabbed a couple of RRS L Plates on eBay, so I'll be ready to go when the legs show up. It's more than I wanted to spend on legs, of course, but it feels like the perfect fit for what I need, and I'm confident I'll never feel the need to buy a better tripod than this one.
zemlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013   #520
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 95116

Since I didn't have a true macro lens, when I had the opportunity to buy a Canon EF 100mm f2.8 USM Macro lens in mint condition at a great price... I jumped at it!!!

It just arrived today, and now I have to get out there and see what i can do with is new toy... Bob

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk »

Share this topic: