Good Photography Magazine
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2010   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Good Photography Magazine

My dad gets Digital Camera magazine from England and I've been reading back issues. Great stuff in there. What are your suggestions for a good mag to get? I'm not in to fancy photo shoots of models and intensive graphic design. My thing is landscapes, nature, animals, and maybe some sports shots...mostly opportunity shots vice set up shots.

Old 07-25-2010   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Llama

CamelKarma: 3607
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Good Photography Magazine

Rangefinder. Its amazing.I do read the local supermarket magazines like pop photo and shutterbug sometimes but rangefinder is a lot better.
TimBlodgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010   #3
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 170
Editing OK?: Ask First

Hi, Rangefinder is a good magazine but it is aimed at pro photographers more than amateurs. Outdoor Photographer meets some of your needs. I have never found a magazine that covers sport photography well. Good shooting, Mike
olcoach10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010   #4
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 11
Editing OK?: Ask First

Living in England I have subscribed to Digital Camera for about 3 years now.

I chose this one mainly because I liked its layout and a lot of it was not too repetitive. Most camera magazines will eventually cover the same subjects, so if you just stick to one you like rather than going from one magazine to the next,you will probably save money.

When in the USA I look for PopPhoto and Shutterbug. They are fairly lightweight and make good reading while waiting in airports, and on the flight home.

I have always been amazed at how many British photo mags I find in Borders and Barnes & Noble.
IanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010   #5
Llama

CamelKarma: 203872

Outdoor Photography is my favorite yank publication....

Most things I worry about, never happen anyway...Tom Petty

D800/D700/D7100/D70s (IR), some lenses, filters and a tripod...
ritewinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010   #6
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

I read a few mags at the store and so many are way over my head with nit-noid details that only a professional would need to know. I really like the Digital Camera mag...not too complicated to follow. I'll check out some of the others suggested. Thanks.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Photography Talk »

Share this topic: