The hunt
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Photo Illustration & Digital Art

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2007   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 166
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default The hunt

I took a photo today of this Indian hunting a buffalo. The statue was placed in front of the buildings wall. KMAdakota suggested using a different background. The background that I used was of a sunset taken a couple of weeks ago. It gives a whole new feeling to the scene depicted here.

Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography.
George Eastman
Laycey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 711585
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: The hunt

Interesting idea. Why not go around the edges with the blur tool at a very small setting. It will make the image seem part of the background and not pasted in. Also fill in the bend in his arm.
Caryl
Old 01-26-2009   #3
Lubbock, Tx.

CamelKarma: 307172
Editing OK?: Ask First

Laycey,
If ya don't mind some honest criticizm, I'll give ya the lowdown.

The main thing that kills your image is that the background and foreground light does not match. Maybe you weren't intending for it to match, but the look kills the image.

There's also some edge left behind on the indian.
After selecting, feathering your selection a pixel or two will help.
I agree with Caryl,..blur the edges slightly.
Old 01-26-2009   #4
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 2840131
Editing OK?: Yes

Gotta agree with Mark.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Photo Illustration & Digital Art »

Share this topic: