R.I.P Petey!
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Pets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 16030895
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default R.I.P Petey!

7/98-1/13/09
Peter was my birthday gift almost 11 years ago. He had the worst attitude and was meaner than a junkyard dog, well, unless you were a cat. If the cat was in the room, he'd say "here kitty kitty kitty kitty" and whistle songs to it. Petey loved to learn new songs and was alway good for entertaining guests. One of our favorite games was "I'll give you a dollar if you stick your finger in the cage" lol. I think the one thing I'll miss the most is whenever I came in the door, he always greeted me with a big wolf-whistle and I'd say "thanks Pete". I never knew a bird could make a girl feel so attractive lol.

So, thanks for viewing this thread and helping me honor my favorite purdy purdy birdie. May his little birdie heaven be filled with friendly cats he can sing to.

crybabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #2
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1987
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: R.I.P Petey!

Sorry to hear about your friend.....My parents are both 69 and have one that looks just like Petey!...his name is Oscar, he has to be 7-8 years old...I never thought they'd get attached to a bird like they are....they even leave the TV on in the kitchen for him when they leave.
2-40D bodies,grips,Elinchrom Ranger Quadra Head S To Go Set,39" Rotalux Deep Octa,Canon 70-200 IS L f2.8,17-85 IS,85L/1.2, 3-AB800,2-AB400 w/CyberSyncs,Vagabond, Cactus V4 triggers,L-358 meter, QF Trio, Turbo SC.
DD974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 933769
Editing OK?: Yes

I'm so sorr for your loss. My sister has a couple and her first, Roscoe, is just a hoot!

~Life is too short to be around people who suck the life out of you!

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

~No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys.

5D MKII | 7D | 70-200 2.8L IS II | 300 4.0L IS | 135L | 100/2.0 | 50/1.4 |35L |Speedlites: 580 EX II, 430 EX
WISHLIST

85L
lputman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #4
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 117
Editing OK?: Yes

sorry for the loss. Memories and photos keep our friends close after they leave.

Virgo53
Virgo53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #5
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 233
Editing OK?: No

Sorry to hear this. Thankfully you got to enjoy him for 11 years.

Good Gear + amateur skills = GREAT HOBBY

Please be advised: all my work is a result of a left brain influenced creative eye and lousy PP skills

MY PHOTO SITE
hobbytog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009   #6
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 113410
Editing OK?: No

Sorry for your loss.

Make it a great day!
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
Ellbee99 is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Pets »

Share this topic: