Tipper
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Pets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009   #1
Llama

CamelKarma: 12903
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Tipper

This is the only shot I have of Tipper ...at least where he isn't running off. I very disappointed with the blown white of his coat, but otherwise fairly happy with this shot. With him being my favorite of the feral ranch cats I will continue to try and get a better shot of him.

Pamela
ShutterbuginAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 933769
Default Re: Tipper

He's a good looking fella!

~Life is too short to be around people who suck the life out of you!

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

~No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys.

5D MKII | 7D | 70-200 2.8L IS II | 300 4.0L IS | 135L | 100/2.0 | 50/1.4 |35L |Speedlites: 580 EX II, 430 EX
WISHLIST

85L
lputman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009   #3
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1316338
Editing OK?: Ask first

It is not a bad shot. Feral's are really wild animals and they think that you might try to kill them, How far away were you?
whaas2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009   #4
Llama

CamelKarma: 12903

whaas2 - I am not sure how far away I was, but I was much closer than I usually get. I do know I had a zoom lens. Tipper is definitely feral and not a pet. I am all to familiar with feral cats. There are several at the ranch and unfortunately there are a few at the restaurant where I work. These are not strays. One of the 4-5 month old kittens at the restaurant looks as though it was hit by a car or something. His back legs don't work properly and he is badly crippled. Even with his disability I have been unable to catch and/or trap him. He is too street smart to fall for a HaveAheart live trap. I understand that the vet would more than likely just put him down, but I believe that is kinder than a life filled with pain and suffering.

Tipper is a handsome fella and I hate that the faral cats have such a short life span.

Pamela
ShutterbuginAZ is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Pets »

Share this topic: