Topper the Barn Cat - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Pets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009   #11
Llama

CamelKarma: 12903
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Topper the Barn Cat

JudithA - Thanks for the suggestions for a little sharpening and contrast. Looking at the two different versions I wonder how I didn't see the need for it before you mentioned it. I am so much happier with my edited version. Thanks for the kind comments, but I am afraid that Topper would make any shot look good.

Pamela
ShutterbuginAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009   #12
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 9145

Quote:
Thanks for the kind comments, but I am afraid that Topper would make any shot look good.
I concur!
Old 01-15-2009   #13
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 298
Editing OK?: Ask First

Perhaps a camera with live view wouldn't be so intimidating for the cat. You wouldn't have to put it up to your eye.
jpiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #14
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 233
Editing OK?: No

Great edit! Love that shot & what eyes. You really nailed it. "If" I can ever get a shot of one running around our place, I'll post it. He looks like Sylvester.

Good Gear + amateur skills = GREAT HOBBY

Please be advised: all my work is a result of a left brain influenced creative eye and lousy PP skills

MY PHOTO SITE
hobbytog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009   #15
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 113410
Editing OK?: No

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuDiThA View Post
Not overdone at all, imo. The original was nice and the edit has a bit of extra punch. well done
Agreed ...that brings the image to life!
Well done and great suggestion!

This kitty reminds me of the one I had growing up. Her name was Butterscotch. I know I was very original with names.
Ellbee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009   #16
Llama

CamelKarma: 12903

Ellbee99 - There is another cat at the ranch named Butterscotch. She has an almost all white face, but looks like she was eating a bowl of butterscotch pudding or something. Very cute cat, but far more elusive than Topper.

Thanks for all the kind comments. Agian, thanks to JudithA for the edit suggestion. Can anyone give a Karma? If so, if anyone knows how I would do that I would love to learn.

Pamela
ShutterbuginAZ is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Pets »

Share this topic: