Wicat
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Pets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009   #1
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 12247602
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Wicat

I ran across this this old picture the other day and wanted to share it. Its not a good picture but it is the last picture of my old friend Wicat who lived with us for 25 years. He spent his last days sitting on this chair in the sun.

Kellycat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1316338
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: Wicat

Very interesting effect in this photograph. Looks like some sort of rendering rather than just a simple photograph. Sorry that the cat has passed on but 25 years is rather old for a cat. The oldest of ours only made it to 21.
whaas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009   #3
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaas2 View Post
Very interesting effect in this photograph. Looks like some sort of rendering rather than just a simple photograph. Sorry that the cat has passed on but 25 years is rather old for a cat. The oldest of ours only made it to 21.
Thanks for the comment, 25 years is a long time especially for a cat. The processing technique you notice in this image is tone mapping. There are a number of PS plug-ins that do tone mapping in this case I used Photomatix. My wife got the two cats in my avatar as replacements for Wicat when he was 10. Imagine our surprise when he out lived one of them and now the other is 17.
Old 01-13-2009   #4
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 9145

The processing works nicely here. 25 years? Wow, is all I can say!
Old 01-16-2009   #5
Camel Breath

Thanks Judy. The processing helped save, to the extent I could, a bad image that was important to me.
Old 01-16-2009   #6
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 113410
Editing OK?: No

I think it is a precious picture Kell. Glad you shared it. I'm glad your friend lived to be 25. Mine is 18.5 years...he is so ornary he will probably live to be 50! UGH! He was adopted to be a companion to my Sammy who only lived to be 14.5. I miss him dearly.

Make it a great day!
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
Ellbee99 is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Pets »

Share this topic: