Do you purchase pet food online? - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Pets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2008   #11
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1439
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Do you purchase pet food online?

Nope.... we go to Petsmart and buy that Natural Buffalo something or other... chicken flavor.
Old 12-28-2008   #12
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 5692

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDArt View Post
Do you purchase pet food online?
If so, where?
Sadly, my kitty has to have this Purina "DM" diabetic formula food....and the ONLY place that seems to carry it is the Vet's office....at a whopping $28 for a 6 lb. bag....

If anyone sees this stuff somewhere online....please send me a PM!!
[Mamiya RB67][50mm f/4.5][90mm f/3.8][140mm f/4.5 Macro][Ext. Tube #2][150mm SF-C f/4][250mm f/4.5]
[Minolta X-700][16mm f/2.8 Fisheye][50mm f/1.4]

flickr
Vedauwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #13
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 4422
Editing OK?: Yes

We get our cat food from a local pet food store "Annabelles" that caters to "all natural" foods... the owner researches each and every brand that she stocks and will supply you with samples of many of them so you can give them a try. The food she stocks is HUMAN grade... which means that it's got REAL grains/oats/meats/etc. and it's good enough for even human consumption. Not that I'd eat it!! LOL

many of the commercial pet food brands (including science diet) get a portion of their ingredients from rendering plants... and if you look up what a rendering plant is, you might think twice about giving your pet a food that has stuff from them in it. (styrofoam packages, pet collars, saran wrap, etc)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes its a quiet voice at the end of the day that says "Try again tomorrow" -Mary Anne Radmacher
angelsfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008   #14
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022

Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe View Post
Canidae is one of the best brands out there

I used to think that, but Canidae apparently has changed its formula, and there are widespread reports on the net of dogs getting sick.

After some research, I recently tried Orijen. Our dog loves it--better than any other food so far--so we're sticking with that. The six fresh fish mix is especially loved.
Old 12-31-2008   #15
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 63623

We purchase ours from the vet because our bulldog has so many allergies. We buy Royal Canin Hypoallergenic. Now we have had to switch several times, they have all been allergy formulas but I have a sneaking suspision that itis whatever the vet sells at the time. Anyway he did tell us something interesting. He said that alot of times pets will develope allergies to a pet food they have been eating before with no problems, due to the fact that if a pet food company gets a better deal on certain ingredients they put into it. If they get a better deal with one ingredient they will put more of that one in. So in the end who knows what we are feeding our pets!
pixelchix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #16
dgs
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 359

We have bought from Flint River Ranch Super Premium Cat Food and Dog Food, they have all natural food that is used by a lot of breeders for pedigree dogs. It is a little to rich for our sheltie so we have to mix it.

thanks,
Danny
Old 01-01-2009   #17
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgs View Post
We have bought from Flint River Ranch Super Premium Cat Food and Dog Food, they have all natural food that is used by a lot of breeders for pedigree dogs. It is a little to rich for our sheltie so we have to mix it.

thanks,
Danny
We tried flint river and our dog got very sick on it. Odd food.
Old 01-01-2009   #18
dgs
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 359

I guess it is not just our sheltie then. We thought he just had a sensitive stomach. Oh well, good to know.

thanks,
Danny
Old 01-17-2009   #19
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 54

JD, thanks for the heads up. We havent used Canidae in some time, and I am sure my husband will appreciate this info in case we ever decided to switch. You say Orijen is a good one? Where do you buy that?
Old 01-18-2009   #20
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe View Post
JD, thanks for the heads up. We havent used Canidae in some time, and I am sure my husband will appreciate this info in case we ever decided to switch. You say Orijen is a good one? Where do you buy that?
We've been using petfooddirect. They don't have the fastest shipping, for sure, but I've yet to find a better source. Let me know if you do.

JDArt is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Pets »

Share this topic: