New Foster Kittens
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Pets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2019   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1316338
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default New Foster Kittens

Here are some photos of some new fosters. They are brown tabbies and there are four of them. They are eating on their own but they like to be mothered and some of them nurse on one of the cat beds. We are starting our 18th year of fostering cats and kittens.

File Type: jpg KITD1S1X1.jpg (152.5 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg KITE1S1X1.jpg (152.0 KB, 64 views)
whaas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019   #2
Llama

CamelKarma: 1802855
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: New Foster Kittens

Cute!

"to trifle away their time, scald their Chops, and spend their Money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking, nauseous Puddle-water"

-- The Women's Petition Against Coffee 1674
laservet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019   #3
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 9058810
Editing OK?: Ask First

Not enough people invest themselves into bettering the lives of animals that need love and nurturing. Thank you for your hearts.
jhawk1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019   #4
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawk1000 View Post
Not enough people invest themselves into bettering the lives of animals that need love and nurturing. Thank you for your hearts.
Thank you for viewing and commenting. We are now in our 18th year of volunteering for SPCALA both at their shelters and as foster volunteers. We have had more than 400 fosters at our home over the years. I have had quite a few cute cats and kittens as well as other shelter animals to photograph. As foster parents our primary job has been to keep them alive and to train them for a life of being loving pets.
Old 02-06-2019   #5
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 9058810

My wife and I have been a great fan of rescuing dogs. On several occasions, we have been able to save some from euthanizing and some have been older dogs. Between me and my two daughters, we have lost 6 older dogs in the last year. We have to balance the happiness we get and bring to those rescued with the hurt and pain when they leave but it is worth it. We now have two other rescue dogs, a chihuahua and a pit bull mix and they are the greatest.
jhawk1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019   #6
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawk1000 View Post
My wife and I have been a great fan of rescuing dogs. On several occasions, we have been able to save some from euthanizing and some have been older dogs. Between me and my two daughters, we have lost 6 older dogs in the last year. We have to balance the happiness we get and bring to those rescued with the hurt and pain when they leave but it is worth it. We now have two other rescue dogs, a chihuahua and a pit bull mix and they are the greatest.
I thank you for your efforts. All these animals deserve as long a life as possible. SPCALA gets inundated with pitbull mixes and chihuahua's and we have a lot of volunteers who walk, bathe, and get them ready for a life of being loving pets. We have an "Air Chihuahua" program where we fly chihuahuas to other places where people are waiting in line to adopt them. All of our animals have to be spayed of neutered before they leave the shelter in accordance with state law here in California. SPCALA does have a web site.
Old 02-07-2019   #7
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 23726024

Lovely images that melt your heart! Thank you for all the fostering you do, I would end up keeping them all!!

Entered the DSLR world in 2009
Nikon D7000, Nikon D5000 - Nikkor 18-55 f3.5 - 5.6 G VR , Tamron 90mm, Nikkor AF-SDX 18-300mm, Nikkor 105mm, Sigma 150-500mm
Photoshop CS5
I enjoy taking local classes/photo shoots...always willing to listen and learn.
Taigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019   #8
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469207

Pur-r-r-r-pur-r-r-r-pur-r-r-r...
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019   #9
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taigen View Post
Lovely images that melt your heart! Thank you for all the fostering you do, I would end up keeping them all!!
I thank you for viewing and commenting. That is always the most difficult part, having to say good by to them, but we already have too many of our own and we know that wee cannot keep them. The shelter does an excellent job of making sure that they all get adopted out to loving, forever homes. We look upon adoption as a form of graduation. These kittens have had some medical issues so we have been instructed to keep them for at least another 2 weeks. Right now just one of them is under the weather but we want to bring them in all together so they have a better change of getting adopted out with at least one of their littermates. Here are some more recent photos of them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A11S1.jpg (141.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg A13S1.jpg (112.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg A33S1.jpg (115.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg A44S1.jpg (117.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg A61S1.jpg (172.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg A84S1.jpg (93.8 KB, 26 views)
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #10
F1 Camel

They are all in their new homes now. This last one got adopted today at the shelter and went home. It is always most difficult to say goodbye to them but we look on adoption as a form of graduation. We know that they will all become important parts of the families that they join.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Pets »

Share this topic: