Foster Kittens
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Pets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2018   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1316338
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Foster Kittens

Here are photos of three kittens that we have in foster care. They are not weened yet and they will probably not be ready to be put up for adoption at the shelter until the latter part of June.

File Type: jpg KITB1S1.jpg (88.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg KITC1S1.jpg (180.7 KB, 30 views)
whaas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018   #2
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 5330088
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Foster Kittens

All three are drop dead gorgeous. Good that you are able to care for them.
"Ginger" in my thread upon which you commented was almost killed. He was the luckiest in his litter. My neighbour, Carine, snatched him from the paws of death outside our local supermarket where some nutter went berserk and began hurling kittens from a bag, one by one to the ground while horrified shoppers watched in horror. The police were called and the guy got arrested.

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill
pandora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018   #3
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1316338
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: Foster Kittens

It is terrible how some people treat defenseless animals. I volunteer for an animal shelter and we see situations like that all the time. The kittens shown here were actually born at SPCALA's shelter at Hawthorne, CA and we took them and their mother into foster care when they were only three days old. There were originally 5 kittens in the litter but two died before we picked them up. These things just happen and no one is at fault. The three kittens pictured here are now back at the shelter in a display unit waiting to get adopted. Kitten season is now in full swing and they have a lot of competition. My wife and I volunteer at the shelter while they are there to try to get them the best deal possible. We still have the mother cat at home while she adapts to the idea that her kittens are now gone. Here are some more photos of them.

File Type: jpg A2.jpg (103.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg A3.jpg (104.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg A4.jpg (87.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg A5.jpg (74.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg A6.jpg (65.3 KB, 9 views)
whaas2 is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Pets »

Share this topic: