Tribute To Our Pets - Page 12
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Pets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013   #111
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 715646
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Tribute To Our Pets

Linda,
So sorry for your loss. Dachshunds make the very best little friends. I've been blessed to have had two in my life, both gone now but never forgotten.

~~All who wander are not lost~~
~~Some people feel the rain, others just get wet~~ Bob Dylan
Pojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014   #112
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Default Tribute To Our Pets

Mr. Waddles, 1999-2013.

Oil paint technique in Photoshop.
rcarlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014   #113
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 83089142

Beautiful image of a beautiful animal! So very sorry for the loss of your companion.
Olympus C5050Z P/S
Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro
Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S ED VR II
Kenco 1.4 Teleplus Pro 300 DGX
Nikon 105mm Micro 1:4 AI
Nikon 60mm Micro F:2.8 D AF-S
Nikon AF 28-80mm 1:3 3.5-5.6 G
Nikon 55-200mm F:4-5.6 G VR DX AF-S ED

georgepats-daily-diary-digital-delight-2014-a.html

georgepats-daily-diary-digital-delight.html

spiders-spiders-more-spiders.html
Georgepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014   #114
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 333
Editing OK?: Ask First

No words can fill your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
northman93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014   #115
Alpaca

DSC_0192 by DaveOl1, on Flickr[/IMG]

This is a picture of the two cats we had. The one on the left died about 3 months ago at the age of 16+.
DaveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014   #116
Alpaca

Photo by PhotoAgainstPhoto.com
mmrseobd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015   #117
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1343970

the boss for 15 years
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pawprints final1812.jpg (102.5 KB, 41 views)
Betty Lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015   #118
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1495882

Tribute to a Fallen Warrior-Archie
Archie came to us as a gift from Stella's brother Oscar to help ease the pain of the loss of my one year old Black Labrador who was poisoned by thieves at Jose's Finca in Popalito. I was quite attached to my one year old Labrador Pup who came to the Finca from some unknown place, he just appeared one day and stayed with us. We searched to see if he had escaped from another owner or other farm nearby but no one knew anything about him other than he appeared at our guard shack one day from an unknown place. Jose's Finca is quite close to the guard shack at the main entrance to the parcelacion and the Labrador came to the Finca probably looking for food. We fed him and cared for him like he was one of us and I grew very attached to him. He had a beautiful black coat and was extremely friendly like most labs and we became good friends. One or more thieves appeared one night at the Finca looking for something to steal I suppose and to gain entrance into the farm with two large dogs they poisoned both dogs, the Labrador and a Doberman that had been the Finca mascot for 12 years, I watched both of them die a horrible death from ingesting Rat Poisoned meat. I of course grieved terribly for them but the Labrador especially. Because I was still grieving some time later my wife Stella and her brother Oscar drove to Stella's cousin's kennel in Guarne, Antioquia to see about purchasing a pup to maybe replace the Lab but unbenownst to me.
I was at Jose's Finca when Oscar and Stella arrived and I had no idea where they had been. They had purchased Archie from Stella's cousin, he was just two weeks old and tiny. When Stella got out of the car and carried Archie over to me I asked her "Where in the hell did you get that little Rat"? Stella's cousin had also given Stella an older Golden Labrador to her for the Finca, Mateo. Mateo was an old dog that had been raised and lived his whole life in a kennel. The Finca is several acres and Mateo lived out the rest of his life on the farm and ran free and thoroughly enjoyed his last years, he passed away from old age after a few years but he loved the farm.
We took Archie home and raised him initially at Jose's Finca then at our own Finca when our construction of the new house was completed. Archie from the start never slept in the large "doghouse" we have at our Finca, he preferred to be a "house dog". Shortly after we were blessed with Archie an acquaintance of Stella's sister Gloria was moving to the United States and she gave us Gina, Gina was similar to Archie but still a very different breed, eventually we found out through research that she was a Rat Terrier which is a Fox Terrier cross breed so that's why the similarity to Archie. We had her spayed as we didn't want a house full of puppies from her. We bought each of them custom made wooden dog houses and placed the dog houses in our family room where they reside to this day. Stella made special mattresses and blankets for each of them and they immediately took to their own houses as their individual properties. They also slept on the sofa next to the dog houses as well as on our bed, we never disallowed them to sleep close to us, Gina still does. In addition in our bedroom in the corner behind the vanity Stella made another mattress and blanket for Archie that he preferred when the Thunder and Lightening scared him, it was his sanctuary when he was frightened. Archie was deathly afraid of the Thunder and of "firecrackers" that Colombian think they need to set off on any occasion. We supposedly have a prohibition against them in our Parcelacion but they ignore the rules like Colombian's ignore ALL rules. Archie would jump in my lap when he was frightened thinking I could protect him from the fireworks. In fact whenever he was frightened or hurt he would come to me and Stella thinking maybe we could stop whatever was scaring him, he would shake like a leaf in the wind whenever he was frightened and he did this up until the day he died.
Archie led a "charmed life" until the last day so we called him the "miracle dog" because he survived three occasions where we thought we would lose him. Archie was born with a "pocket full of miracles". As a very horny male he would run off often sometimes all night if a female dog was in heat someplace within a mile radius of our Finca. He caused us a lot of anguish when he would run off and not return for hours on end and for good reason.
The first time we almost lost him was for unknown reasons, we had taken the dogs to a large creek to run and play and I was taking some photo's when we noticed Archie was acting odd, he was almost comatose and couldn't even hold his head up straight. We rushed him to the vet immediately and the vet told us it was some kind of poison from either ingesting something or perhaps bitten by an insect , we never found out exactly why he almost died. The second time he almost dies was my fault, I had taken the dogs with me to a small store that sells plastic tubing etc. close to the principal highway below our Parcelacion. As I got out of the car in front of the store right next to the highway Archie jumped from the car before I could stop him right in the path of a fast moving 18 wheeler truck. The driver skidded the tires as Archie appeared to disappear under the truck but he actually bounced off a large tire that threw him back out of the highway temporarily. Archie then proceeded to run back out in the highway in front of several cars coming the opposite direction and they skidded to a halt and he ran across the roadway all the way to the river that parallels the high way and ran away where I couldn't find him. I knew he could not go home because the river is too wide and swift for him to cross. Stella and a friend came to the area to help me look for him. I walked perhaps a half mile to the bridge but no Archie. I yelled across the river to some people asking if they had seen a little white dog near the river, they said he had walked up the river a few hundred yards away from me. I walked back towards the car that was parked some quarter mile distant away and I was calling "Archie", "Archie" as I walked. I had walked a couple hundred yards when out of the bushes Archie came running and jumped into my arms, he was so frightened but overjoyed to see me, he was rescued again. I carried him back to the car and Stella was overjoyed also.
The third time he escaped death was again one evening when he didn't come home and we know he was with a female close by. Stella got in the car and went looking for him, she found him in a ditch almost dead from injuries. A very large dog had ripped him open in the chest next to his belly exposing his ribs etc. We rushed him to the vet Alejandro and the vet told Stella he would try to save him but he didn't think he could, he was hurt very badly. It took the vet an hour to sew him up and put him back together and with Stella's nurturing he eventually recovered 100%, he had no ill effects other than a little hair loss on his sternum. So Archie had escaped death three times in but he could not escape the last one.
I and the maid was walking our daily walk on our roadway leading from our property past the neighbors. The neighbors had a female German Shepherd and an Alaskan Husky in a fenced and gated yard. There two dogs and our dogs barked at each other every day for 8 years but it was all noise and no bravado, the large gate was a separation point. The bars on the gate were rather far apart but the large dogs could not pass through them but out little dogs could but we paid little attention to their barking, it was like a daily ritual with no consequence. Last year the neighbor brought another German Shepherd male that is a special "killer" breed of highly aggressive guard dogs. He said he brought him for the Mayordomo's (caretaker) protection. The dog was vicious and if he was close to the gate he went crazy trying to reach my dogs when they came close to the gate. On this day when walking with the maid Archie had run in front of us like he always does and was out of sight in front of the gate, we heard him cry out and I knew he was in trouble. Evidently he got close enough to the gate that the vicious dog got a hold of him and drug him through the bars inside the property about 40 feet away from the gate. Once inside all three dogs attacked Archie and literally tore him to pieces and killed him.
The neighbor has a large dog house that is fenced and the Caretaker was supposed to lock the vicious dog up every day at 5 P.M. when we normally walked out dogs but on this day he did not, it cost Archie his life and me more pain than I care to divulge, I have never had this much pain in my life, I had just watched my "best friend" murdered and was helpless to do anything. I had anger, remorse and frustration because I was helpless to save my buddy when he was crying out for help.
We buried Archie the same evening and three days later I haven't stopped crying. It is difficult to lose your "best friend" but worse when you witness his murder and can do nothing to help him.
R.I.P. Archie Boy, your "pocket full of miracles" finally ran out. I guess the Great Dogmaster in the Sky had given us Archie back three times for us to enjoy when he should have taken him before but he finally did take him home and now he chases Squirrels every day in the green, green hills and trees of Dog Heaven.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sentry.jpg (120.0 KB, 33 views)
Old 01-17-2016   #119
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 123901

Wow! What a story. So sad for your loss.
TxPhotoShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016   #120
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 123901

This is our dog Sissy Bexar. We lost her at the end of 2014 after 14 years. My wife and I had gone several years without a pet and we were set on not getting another for quite a while. We were enjoying life with our youngest off at college and did not want any additional duties in our on the go new lifestyle. One day my wife called our son at school to inquire when he might come home again for it a couple of months since his last visit. He gave various reasons he couldn't. Then about 10 minutes later, he calls back to say he was on his way home. We thought it odd and found out why he change his mind. He arrived with puppy in hand. He and some of his dorm mates got the dog from a Walmart parking lot. The ultimate goal of having the pup was as a "chick magnet". And it worked wonderfully. Until the dorm manager finally found out. He said they tried to find a home but could not. And if we didn't take her, she would have to go to the pound. So we added a new family member. Our vet said she was an Aussie-Heeler mix. And she was so very smart. Her love and affection was sorely missed after she passed. This time though we only waited a few months before adopting another. Our new dog was a rescue with her own checked past and unique characteristics.

TxPhotoShooter is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Pets »

Share this topic: