Finally Reached a Decision
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2017   #1
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 750031
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: No
Default Finally Reached a Decision

I began to reduce my inventory of lenses, keeping what I deemed the best of the best and have been gradually divesting myself of the others. My goodness, I had no idea it was going to be THIS difficult! It's almost like pulling teeth!

I have a 1560 Pelican Case, that when organized correctly, will hold 17 lenses, from small 28mm primes to 70-300mm zooms, five batteries, a plethora of filters, lens hoods & some other odds & ends. (I carry my camera bodies in a separate, smaller Pelican Case.)

So, I'm just about down to the final cut. This process has involved a lot of lens tests and it was quite revealing, to say the least. Some lenses that I thought were very good turned out to be not as good as I remembered. I ended up keeping several manual focus lenses due to their extreme sharpness, in spite of my diminished eyesight.

I think I've got just about any situation covered that I might encounter. I like shooting quite a lot of close focus photography, landscapes and once in a while, some true 1:1 macro shots. Portraiture occasionally, still life images and street photography.

Funny thing, though.... I don't know how in the heck I ended up keeping five 50mm lenses! A SMC Pentax-F 50mm f:1.4, a SMC Pentax-M 50mm f:1.7, a SMC Pentax-FA 50mm f:2.8 Macro, a SMC Pentax-M 50mm f:4 Macro and a SMC Pentax-DA 50mm f:1.8. I have this absolute fixation on sharpness and these all have it in spades, or at least MY copies of them do.

Didn't mean to babble on and on.... but, I've been house-bound for over a week due to the extreme blizzard conditions we're suffering in SW Idaho and I've been virtually devoid of any human contact, so I took it out on you guys! My dog is tired of hearing about it!

Dewman is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax »

Share this topic: