We seem to be very few and far between, but....
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2016   #1
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 750031
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: No
Default We seem to be very few and far between, but....

.... I'll go ahead and ask a Pentax question anyway. It seems that of all the members here, us Pentaxians are the rarest of the breed.

My question is: Do any of you own a SMC Pentax-M 200mm f:4 lens? And, if so, what is your opinion of it? I personally own one, but I must confess, I've never given it a good, fair "day in the park," so to speak. I've only taken a couple of shots from my front porch right after taking possession of it from the UPS man. The images seemed to be very sharp, but I didn't go any farther than that as far as full-on testing for sharpness, color rendition, etc.

The reviews I've read on it speak rather highly of it, but I was wondering if any of you might have any personal experience you'd care to share with me on this finely built lens. They are amazingly inexpensive for such a nice lens.... but, there are some who just can't do without auto-focus & auto-aperture. Me.... I too like the newer features of the current lenses, but it isn't necessary.... and I'm NOT that lazy!

http://www.pentaxforums.com/lensrevi...m-F4-Lens.html

Dewman is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax »

Share this topic: