My STUNNING Pentax KX!
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2016   #1
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 750031
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: No
Default My STUNNING Pentax KX!

Last month, I found a Pentax KX on Craig's List from a seller in Dallas, Texas. It came in the original box, with all the paperwork, software, neck strap, SD card, and SMC DA 18-55mm kit lens. It has only 121 shutter clicks! Gorgeous camera! Pristine in every respect.... and I got it for a VERY CHEAP price!

I already have two K-50's and a K-30, so had no real need for the KX, but it's such a nice little camera with a remarkable sensor that is fantastic in low light, that I couldn't pass it up! It's now boxed up, like the day it came from the factory, and safely stored in my safe. I might take it out and use it occasionally, but I hate to put any more clicks on it! Silly, I know. It's like having a rifle that you never shoot!

I Love my Pentax cameras, especially the K-50/K-30's. I know of no other camera on the market that offers the features, quality and reliability for the money that Pentax does.

But, I realize there are Ford guys. There are Chevy guys.... and there are Chrysler Motors guys, too. But, just sayin'.... I've been shooting Pentax since 1966 and have never had any reason to change. You other Pentaxians know what I'm talkin' about.

Dewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 683702
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My STUNNING Pentax KX!

No pix, no stun
Golem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016   #3
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 683702

THIS is what I thought you meant .....

KX_bk_monochrome_ax.jpg

reference pic stolen from somewhere on the web ...

Stunning, yes ? I was unaware Pentax
had recycled the model name.

`
Golem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016   #4
Guanaco

Yep, they recycled the name back in 2009. It was only in production for two years and was replaced with the Kr. For it's time, it offered some amazing features.... and is still a very viable DSLR and is still the main body for many Pentaxians.

Pentax K-x - Pentax K-mount DSLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications
Old 10-21-2016   #5
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 199623261

That's a great find Dewman - only 121 clicks.
Old 10-21-2016   #6
Guanaco

The guy I bought it from said "It's way too complicated for me!" I was astonished when I received it and checked the shutter count! Virtually NIB!

Dewman is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax »

Share this topic: