Test shots from an older lens
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2016   #1
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 750031
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: No
Default Test shots from an older lens

I have a small collection of Pentax-F lenses and sadly, they mostly collect dust. So, this afternoon I decided to take one of them that's known for it's sharpness and give it a whirl in the neighbor's yard.

It is a SMC Pentax-F 35-70mm Macro lens that was only in production from 1987-91.

SMC Pentax-F 35-70mm F3.5-4.5 Reviews - F Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

I was amazed at the images it produced! I bought it last year and only took a couple of shots out the front door to make sure the auto focus worked! Today was the first time I actually put it to work. Take a look at these images and see what you think?

All were shot with a Pentax K-30, ISO 200 @ f:8. Although the lens is listed as a "macro" lens, it will only shoot to a ratio of 1:4, so it's more of a "close focus" lens rather than a genuine macro lens. The results from this lens gives me the incentive to try my others in this series.... a 35-105mm, a 35-135mm and a 70-210mm. I've tried the 70-210mm and it's amazingly sharp! Ugly as a mud fence.... but a very nice lens, nonetheless.

File Type: jpg IMGP1396 pp2.jpg (431.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP1404 pp.jpg (300.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP1410 pp.jpg (208.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP1412 pp.jpg (132.3 KB, 23 views)

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax »

Share this topic: