Oooo! Got a new toy!
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2016   #1
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 750031
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: No
Default Oooo! Got a new toy!

I just found a pristine SMC Pentax-F 100mm f:2.8 macro (1:1) lens in Seattle, Washington. I like macro and close-up photography and this should be a very welcomed addition to my collection of lenses. It is a very rare and quite desirable lens. They're awfully hard to find, especially one in this condition.

Here's the review posted on The Pentax Forum: SMC Pentax-F 100mm F2.8 Macro Reviews - F Prime Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

As you can see, it's rated just about as high as you can go, across the board. I have several "F" model zoom lenses.... F 35-70mm. F 35-105mm, F 35-135mm and F 70-210mm and all of them have proven to be superb lenses. All are extremely sharp, especially the 70-210mm, and the entire series is known for their wonderful color rendition. I'd like to have the F 24-50mm to round out my collection, but I've yet to find a nice, clean one. LBA is a very virulent disease, is it not?

Now.... the wait for the little brown truck! It should be here Thursday.

File Type: jpg Capture b.JPG (24.9 KB, 50 views)
Old 08-29-2016   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 199623261
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Oooo! Got a new toy!

Congrats on your new (to you) lens Dewman.
Old 08-30-2016   #3
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 750031
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: No
Default Re: Oooo! Got a new toy!

I'm quite anxious to receive the SMC Pentax F 100mm f:2.8 macro. I have the FA 100mm f:2.8 and the FA 50mm f:2.8 macro lenses, but I've been told that the F model macro lens has noticeably better color rendition. That remains to be seen, because my FA 50mm is about as perfect a lens as I could ever ask for! A perfect "10" when it comes to sharpness and the bokeh is magnificent! The MFD is handy in the 100mm lenses, but sharpness rules in my world, and the 50mm is a tiny hair's breadth sharper, at least to my old, myopic eyes!

Dewman is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax »

Share this topic: