PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum

PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum (https://photocamel.com/forum/)
-   Pentax (https://photocamel.com/forum/pentax/)
-   -   Calling all Pentaxians! (https://photocamel.com/forum/pentax/224802-calling-all-pentaxians.html)

Dewman 07-22-2016 12:51 PM

Calling all Pentaxians!

1 Attachment(s)
Hello all fellow Pentaxians! I'm a new member here on PhotoCamel, and I'm quite shocked to see so few members who shoot with a Pentax camera.

It seems that it's been ages since anyone has started a thread on this particular forum, so let me see if I can get a ball rolling!

What Pentax camera do you shoot with? What is your favorite lens (lenses?)?

Personally, I shoot with a K-50 most of the time... or a K-30. As you probably already know, they're the same thing only the K-30 has an ISO high of 25K compared to the 51K of the K-50.

My favorite lens is my FA-50mm macro. Not only is it known as "The sharpest lens Pentax ever made," and can shoot at 1:1 macro magnification, but it can also be used like a regular 50mm lens. Landscapes, portraits, etc. Some would not consider it a good portrait lens because of it's extreme sharpness, where every skin pore, every blemish, every stray hair will show up!

Here's an example of it's sharpness. This is severely cropped, with only about 15-20% of the original image shown.

Mr. Pickles 07-22-2016 03:01 PM

Re: Calling all Pentaxians!

I don't see a sample....

How did you add the image? See one of the links in my signature.

wolfd 07-22-2016 03:50 PM

Welcome to the Camel Dewman.
I cannot see your images either.
I shoot with a K7 and a K5. Also have an ist D/S and ist D/L.
For my 'Walkabout" lens I use a Sigma 18-200mm.
My favorite Prime lens is my Pentax 100mm macro WR.

Dewman 07-22-2016 05:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I must be losing my mind, because I SWEAR I did the exact same thing earlier that I just did and I COULD NOT get the photo to attach to the thread! Hmmm.... oh well, chalk it up to early stages of Alzheimer's!

As far as my favorite "walk around lens," it would have to be a Tamron 28-200mm macro lens I bought at a garage sale for $15.00! Love that lens. Here's one of my favorite shots taken with it.

wolfd 07-22-2016 07:06 PM

A couple of nice shots Dewman, esp the second one.
Wow, $15 for that lens was a steal. :afro:

Dewman 07-22-2016 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfd (Post 2305164)
A couple of nice shots Dewman, esp the second one.
Wow, $15 for that lens was a steal. :afro:

Thank you, Chase. Yes, I was quite surprised at the lens' sharpness and overall IQ. According to the reviews of the lens, it isn't supposed to be that good! It is an early serial # 000404, so I think that might have something to do with it. Maybe, during it's early production run, their quality control was a little more stringent.

Bob Stanley 07-22-2016 11:24 PM

Good looking photos which I like much! :afro:

cmillc22 07-27-2016 12:19 AM

great captures there Dewman, glad you are here.