lens info
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2014   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 54
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default lens info

I was given a nikon mount Quantaray tech 10 135-400mm lens is there a way to make this work on my pentax cameras. I use a k-7 and k100d folks at work know I'm into photography so I'm always gettring old film gear plus I go to yard sales and thrift stores. Thank You

Old 12-07-2014   #2
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 901196
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: lens info

if it is a nikon mount than you need a adapeter i'll guess
Old 12-09-2014   #3
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 596039
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: lens info

if its the mikon ai mount then the pentax K mount adapter will have glass. the non glass version are available but those can only be used for macro works.

the only way you would be able to use old nikon or any other old manual lenses with glass less adapters are by going mirrorless..

m43 cameras are mirrorless and would be able to adapt old lenses
same with sony's nex series which they now call alpha mirrorless (e-mount)
nikon has the J and V series of cameras that could use these
pentax has the mirrorless Q (terribly small but fun to use)
and i believe the fuji x series can also easily adapt old lenses..

forget about going the canon M way....canon still thinks mirrorless is just a fad

post whatever is in your mind no matter how unbearable it is to others, no matter if they are in authority, or a forum bully or simply a sour troll. In the end you can't please everyone and may annoy some but that is what a forum should be, an open discussion complete with trolls all over.
moodless is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax »

Share this topic: