Pentax 645Z
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2014   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 1508066
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Pentax 645Z

Well, my local camera store brought in Pentax and Profoto and had a few hours hands on. The new 645Z handled great. They used a Flu card in the second slot that put the pictures on the computer wirelessly. They are four weeks out from a tethering program too. The beauty of the flu card was you could control the camera from my iPad too. It had great dynamic range and it also felt great in your hands. I took home a few pics on my sd card to look at on the computer. It was very impressive but they were 80 meg files or so.

It might be a great option for the landscape shooter as it us weather sealed and priced so you can upgrade twice or more for the cost of an interchangeable back.

Interesting concept.

Some Nice Glass
John
Tinstafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014   #2
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 596039
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Pentax 645Z

hi.. the 645z is a great camera.

as for the Flu card, it can only currently tether with the 645z and the pentax k3, (meaning control your camera via an ipad or android smart phone).

i have a 8gb flu card which i currently am using on either my pentax q or sony a55 if i am doing jpeg shoots only which can transfer jpeg image to my samsung tab 3 effortlesly.

post whatever is in your mind no matter how unbearable it is to others, no matter if they are in authority, or a forum bully or simply a sour troll. In the end you can't please everyone and may annoy some but that is what a forum should be, an open discussion complete with trolls all over.
moodless is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax »

Share this topic: