pentax k1000 50mm lens
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2014   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default pentax k1000 50mm lens

does anyone know if this is the camera or the lens brought this camera on ebay shot a roll of film half the pics came out with this green flair ?

Old 06-02-2014   #2
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 1272647
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: pentax k1000 50mm lens

Hard to say without looking at the lens. I would look into the lens itself wide open and stopped down with a light in the background to see if there is any fungus or oil inside the lens. Also check to see if the front lens coating is worn away. If there is a local camera repair shop you can have them check it for you. Eric at Pentax Camera Repair does excellent work on older Pentax cameras and lenses for reasonable prices. He's done 4 bodies and 5 lenses for me and they come back looking like new. Just my two cents.
Old 06-02-2014   #3
Alpaca

thank you
RICARB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014   #4
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 7045525
Editing OK?: Yes

My first guess would be a light leak on the body. Seals probably need to be replaced.
zemlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014   #5
Alpaca

THANK YOU I took it to a camea repair was told the same thing wanted $100.00 to replace the seals not worth it payed 22.00 for it on ebay but I still have the lens thanks agin
RICARB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014   #6
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 7045525
Editing OK?: Yes

A seal kit is $14 on eBay. If you don't mind fiddly, meticulous work it's probably not a bad DIY job.
zemlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014   #7
Alpaca

that's not for me, not good at repairing things, I watch a vedio on you tube, I just brought a crown graflex 4x5 like brand new was never used, been in storage flash.light meter,carry case flash bulbs sent the shutter to KHE to be check, I am going to fool with that for the summer paid $470.00 top rangefinder and distance scales work perfect with 135MM lens going to use it on the forth of j7uly week end thanks

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax »

Share this topic: