Bummer no Pentax Challenge anymore :(
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
 

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013   #1
Llama
 
laughlady99's Avatar
 
Location: Ohio
Posts: 507
CamelKarma: 2446347
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Bummer no Pentax Challenge anymore :(

Looks like the monthly challenges in this forum have fizzled out. How many active Pentax users do we have? Please respond, I'm always interested in seeing photos from Pentax users! Any ideas on how to get this thread more active again? Do a lot of you use the official pentaxforums? I used to, but I've found I like this site better.

__________________
Members don't see ads in threads. Register for your free account today and become a member of PhotoCamel to open up the site's many benefits and features.
laughlady99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #2
Photocamel Master
 
Dirk's Avatar
 
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 7,564
CamelKarma: 901196
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Bummer no Pentax Challenge anymore :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughlady99 View Post
Looks like the monthly challenges in this forum have fizzled out. How many active Pentax users do we have? Please respond, I'm always interested in seeing photos from Pentax users! Any ideas on how to get this thread more active again? Do a lot of you use the official pentaxforums? I used to, but I've found I like this site better.
Hi , exactly how many users with pentax we have i am not shure about
God knows i have tried numerous challenges but response was little to ZERO

the reason i guess is that one month of fame as price here on this board isn;t interesting enough

Time is less now i work fulltime again and i like to keep my pentax as new .
the other reason is i still have to get that way i can share too

with the challenges I and Wolf were judges and we we rulled out of the competition
the best thread here is the pentax shot thread it is the most active

so now gotogo .. it ios a long way to work
Dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 56,481
CamelKarma: 199623261
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Bummer no Pentax Challenge anymore :(

Michele, why not post a few of your great images in the ' show us you best pentax made shot!' thread. As Dirk said it is reasonably active.
Here is a link:

http://photocamel.com/forum/pentax-f...e-shot-24.html
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013   #4
Llama
 
laughlady99's Avatar
 
Location: Ohio
Posts: 507
CamelKarma: 2446347
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Bummer no Pentax Challenge anymore :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
Hi , exactly how many users with pentax we have i am not shure about
God knows i have tried numerous challenges but response was little to ZERO

the reason i guess is that one month of fame as price here on this board isn;t interesting enough

Time is less now i work fulltime again and i like to keep my pentax as new .
the other reason is i still have to get that way i can share too

with the challenges I and Wolf were judges and we we rulled out of the competition
the best thread here is the pentax shot thread it is the most active

so now gotogo .. it ios a long way to work
Have a great day


Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfd View Post
Michele, why not post a few of your great images in the ' show us you best pentax made shot!' thread. As Dirk said it is reasonably active.
Here is a link:

http://photocamel.com/forum/pentax-f...e-shot-24.html
I think I have posted a couple photos there, I will take a better look through the thread at what has been posted. Just slightly disappointing that people don't post here too often. I don't have experience with the other camera brands, my friends are mostly Canon based and if I had to choose that would be my second choice, but for some reason Pentax has always grabbed my attention. It's funny after I bought my K-5, I found an old photo I took of myself in the mirror in the 9th grade during a school photography class and the camera I was holding was also a Pentax.
laughlady99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013   #5
Photocamel Master
 
Dirk's Avatar
 
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 7,564
CamelKarma: 901196
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Bummer no Pentax Challenge anymore :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughlady99 View Post
Have a great day




I think I have posted a couple photos there, I will take a better look through the thread at what has been posted. Just slightly disappointing that people don't post here too often. I don't have experience with the other camera brands, my friends are mostly Canon based and if I had to choose that would be my second choice, but for some reason Pentax has always grabbed my attention. It's funny after I bought my K-5, I found an old photo I took of myself in the mirror in the 9th grade during a school photography class and the camera I was holding was also a Pentax.
Thanks Michelle , yeah it is a cool brand i could snap on a very near new mint K10d
with 2 lenses and lots of extra's

I am a multi brand kind of guy shoot where and what i like to shoot
Dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #6
Alpaca
 
Location: Elmira, Ont, Canada
Posts: 25
CamelKarma: 181528
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Bummer no Pentax Challenge anymore :(

I lurk here from time-to-time, checking out any recent updates etc. As you can see with my post-count, I don't contribute much.

Getting out with the camera has been a low priority for the past year or so, it's only seen light of day for a wedding in July, and a camping weekend.

I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, maybe I'll be able to dig it out in a couple of weeks, and then perhaps I'll get to participating more.....
dcmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #7
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 56,481
CamelKarma: 199623261
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Bummer no Pentax Challenge anymore :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmack View Post
I lurk here from time-to-time, checking out any recent updates etc. As you can see with my post-count, I don't contribute much.

Getting out with the camera has been a low priority for the past year or so, it's only seen light of day for a wedding in July, and a camping weekend.

I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, maybe I'll be able to dig it out in a couple of weeks, and then perhaps I'll get to participating more.....
Looking forward to seeing your Pentax shots, dcmack.
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #8
Photocamel Master
 
Dirk's Avatar
 
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 7,564
CamelKarma: 901196
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Bummer no Pentax Challenge anymore :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfd View Post
Looking forward to seeing your Pentax shots, dcmack.
Welcome Dcmack !

About the challenges The Lord knows i have tried them but response was ussual very little and we ( Wolf as Co mod and I as Main Mod) have to have choices ..

One reason is that we don't have a big price .. just a month of fame on this section of the board

We do have the best shot thread wich runs nice , so i reckon that that will be the best place to start

Tell us a bit more what model do you use and what glass ( lenses) do you own and use ?

hoping to read more

cheers

Dirk

ps the one in the avatar that's me and you don not want to see mee angry
__________________
Life is too short to miss a picture
Dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #9
Alpaca
 
Location: Elmira, Ont, Canada
Posts: 25
CamelKarma: 181528
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Bummer no Pentax Challenge anymore :(

I'll take a look at the best shots thread, and put something up, for fun.

I've a fair bit of equipment, but my most carried gear is:
K5ii
DA50-135
Tamron 17-50/2.8
DA 55-300
Sigma 10-20
FA50/1.4
21 ltd.

I have a K7 which I'll carry sometimes so I don't have to swap lenses.
dcmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #10
Vicuna
 
dma110's Avatar
 
Location: Gilbert Arizona
Posts: 176
CamelKarma: 227065
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Bummer no Pentax Challenge anymore :(

I haven't posted in quite a while, but just got back from Yellowstone & other places in that area. I'll be done sorting, editing, & post processing them in about a another week. Will post some then.


__________________
Members don't see ads in threads. Register for your free account today and become a member of PhotoCamel to open up the site's many benefits and features.
dma110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax »


Share this topic:

Thread Tools
Display Modes