extension tubes or???
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 4876
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default extension tubes or???

Been trying to find some extension tubes for my K10D and as most of you may allready know they are hard to find .I mean ones that allow you to set apparture with later Lens as well as auto focus..
Not that they arent available without GREAT Cost!!!.
My question is for those that have been through the process and what may your recomendations be without the great cost?? if possible??..
I know some may say "you get what you pay for" ..
My thoughts are so far thaat around the $250 is a tad too much...
Alternatives?? maybe..

Old 10-12-2011   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 3249515
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: extension tubes or???

Is that for the kenko tubes?, they seem to be the least expensive. Plastic tubes but they seem to work fine, the ones I have for my nikon are over ten years old and still work fine.

COMMENTS, CRITIQUES ALWAYS WELCOME

IMAGINE ALL THE PEOPLE LIVING LIFE IN PEACE
verdesardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011   #3
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 4462
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: extension tubes or???

Indeed, I have never seen any AF-capable extension tubes in PAF-mount besides the Keno 25mm tube. It works nicely (I have one), but 250 USD is way(!) too much. As far as I know, Kenko only made this single tube and not a complete set, as is usual with manual tubes.

I must say, as for macro shots I usually focus manually anyway, a cheap manual set of tubes is really good enough, preferably old Pentax, Vivitar or whatever modells - much better than the cheap current Chinese sets, which are only screw-mount with an added adapter...

The most versatile solution is probably a bellows, but it is ofcourse slightly more cumbersome to use.

One point, where the Kenko AF-modell excels is, when you add it to a long tele lens to use it at shorter distances.

Ben

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax »

Share this topic: