Pentax K-5 CAN be tethered
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011   #1
Llama

CamelKarma: 12268
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Smile Pentax K-5 CAN be tethered

....well not officially, but with aftermarket software it can. PK tether does work, tho when I used it after a few photos the camera crashed... BUT it does prove it is possible to do and the hardware IS available to the camera. It would appear to be Pentax's pencil pushers that are the problem and not updating the Remote Assistant software to be compatiable....

Thoughts Anyone??

James

Pentax K-10D, K-5, Pentax 100-300 4.7-5.8, Sigma 10-20 4-5.6, Sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5, Sigma 28-80 2.8, Sigma 28-80 3.5-5.6 (kit lens), Sigma 105 2.8 Macro, Sigma 100-300 4.5-6.7 (kit lens), Makinon 500mm mirror, Sigma EF-500 DG Super flash, Manfrotto 410 Geared Head ......... In need of some newer faster glass!!!!
OzzyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011   #2
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 297
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Pentax K-5 CAN be tethered

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJim View Post
....well not officially, but with aftermarket software it can. PK tether does work, tho when I used it after a few photos the camera crashed... BUT it does prove it is possible to do and the hardware IS available to the camera. It would appear to be Pentax's pencil pushers that are the problem and not updating the Remote Assistant software to be compatiable....

Thoughts Anyone??

James
I agree!! Would be nothing to update remote assistant to include the newer models. I have a K10 and KR... have not used the RA w/K10 much but know tethering is very useful for many. I think the smartphones will soon have some apps that will work better than the RA.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C'MON PENTAX!!!.jpg (56.6 KB, 132 views)
bogiesbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011   #3
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

How does camera tethering work?
tabl10s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #4
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 199623261
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabl10s View Post
How does camera tethering work?
It comprises controlling your camera from your computer or tablet whether that is an iPhone or iPad. It does not work with all cameras so you will need to do your own homework.

More info here:

How To Directly Tether Your Camera To An iPad By Lee Morris | Fstoppers
Old 01-24-2012   #5
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 901196

Ipad ? Oh that expensive toy from apple ?.. Hmm i just hate most apple products , i do have a iphone but only for a specific reason ..

thetering is depending on software to hardware compatibiilty it doesn't allways work with all the settings , and there are other ways to control your camera than by thetering .. eye to viewfinder , focus , recompose , shoot .. or by remote ..

Dirk is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Pentax »

Share this topic: