My new Pentax!?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Other Cameras and Lenses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2007   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 11
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Talking My new Pentax!?

Hi to one and all!
I am now a 2-camera girl, I think? I bought a Pentax P3 just a couple of hours ago with a TriStar300AZ flash with it. And a bag to tote the whole 'she-bang' in-- all for $15.00! I was told the camera does function, but I personally don't know, yet.
The only minor problem: 2 very dead "357" hearing aid batteries it. And a thorough cleaning of the lens [the standard issue 50mm f/1.2]
I already downloaded the manual.
Just thought folks here would give me abit of their info about this 'species' of 35 mm.
Thanks!!

Old 07-13-2007   #2
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 16
Default Re: My new Pentax!?

I know Pentax makes or made fabulous cameras! I grew up using the Pentax ME and K1000. And they were awesome cameras to learn with .
eClix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007   #3
Former Camel

CamelKarma: 460
Editing OK?: No

I used to have a P3.....I always liked it....it's a little limited compared to what followed it, but is capable of truly superb work if used correctly....congrats....Bob
heartseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007   #4
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 17

I miss those wonderful Pentax viewfinders! I had an ME SE with a diagonal split prism finder. Very useful for focusing on objects with horizontal details. I still have a 645. It is well built, and I still plan on using it some. The last 35mm Pentax I had was a ZX-M. Not as nice a viewfinder as the old ME, but still way ahead of my Oly dslr.

Did you say you got it with the 50/1.2? I understand that was not the standard issue, which would have been the 50/1.7, a fine lens btw. The 1.2 was incredibly soft wide open and not terribly sharp at f/8 either, at least compared to the 1.4s and 1.7s. Still, the 1.2 wasn't cheap, and if you got a good one with a camera for $15, then you got a real deal!

MrDave
MrDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007   #5
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 11

BTW, my roommate has suggested naming the new edition, "Dirty Harry"--the 357 aspect. Also, she's a big fan of Clint Eastwood.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Other Cameras and Lenses »

Share this topic: